Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chris Young thread

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Because an erroneous decision with a correct outcome is still an erroneous decision. It's not rocket science. Young hasn't been able to hit righties consistently since 2011, and that's the reason why we were able to sign him as a part-time player. Maybe Chili fixed him, but this isn't about "maybes", this is about proven trends.

Again, what happens when (not if) Young starts badly struggling against righties (particularly the higher quality ones) again?
    Right now, nothing, because there's not much you can do. Obviously Castillo isn't even a consideration; he's not even hitting well in Pawtucket (Last I looked he was hitting under .250 and slugging around .320). Once Holt gets back, you go back to the platoon. Until then ...

I found it very telling on how far Castillo has fallen in the pecking order when they used Rutledge to ph last night instead of Rusney. He is definitely deep in the doghouse.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Right now, nothing, because there's not much you can do. Obviously Castillo isn't even a consideration; he's not even hitting well in Pawtucket (Last I looked he was hitting under .250 and slugging around .320). Once Holt gets back, you go back to the platoon. Until then ...

I found it very telling on how far Castillo has fallen in the pecking order when they used Rutledge to ph last night instead of Rusney. He is definitely deep in the doghouse.
    Excellent observation. But my point was assuming a healthy lineup by that point, and the likelihood of him sucking again and people on the site turning on him more than actual team decisions regarding the guy. But Castillo's certainly knee deep in sewer water with the org.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I might move there, my life here in Connecticut suffers from a serious lack of machete duels, and every time I try to start one the people at the grocery store get all prissy.
    You do know the first thing that'll happen is me challenging you to a fistfight? (It'd be too easy with a machete.)
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Are you crazy? If it was, then this place would be awesome. I'm talking about machete fights in the middle of the street because one guy suspects another guy is banging a chick who's not even with him, like rly DR? Then again, there might be a market there for entrepreneurial types........
    Iortiz could adapt his sports betting algorithm and make a killing. Pardon the pun.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I might move there, my life here in Connecticut suffers from a serious lack of machete duels, and every time I try to start one the people at the grocery store get all prissy.
    I'm floored that there aren't daily machete fights in East Hartford...
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Iortiz could adapt his sports betting algorithm and make a killing. Pardon the pun.
    "This bet is a sure thing! Gonzalez is the best righty there is!"

"He's a lefty."

"Not anymore."
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

"This bet is a sure thing! Gonzalez is the best righty there is!"

"He's a lefty."

"Not anymore."
    There would be some great nicknames -- Stumpy, Hopalong, Three Fingers and on and on.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by SoxnCycles View Post
    Heck no, but some here weren't willing to give him a chance.
    Just me being sarcastic.
    Ok, cool. He is just a bench player so anything above his career norms is gravy. You always hope to get a bench guy during one of his rare good seasons. It can happen and is a good thing in a year when you make the playoffs. Plus, Young is a decent enough fielder that he won't hurt you defensively.

He made the play of the night last night when he slid under that tag avoiding the double play on Big Papi's chopper that tied up the game. Great base running.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    He made the play of the night last night when he slid under that tag avoiding the double play on Big Papi's chopper that tied up the game. Great base running.
    Really alert play and absolutely clean--he just went down and never came close to going outside the baseline. Plus he had the first rbi double. Plus that terrific catch against the wall in which he slid and did not get hurt. Plus the other goood catch after running over the pitching mound. Back in April I defended him, but only on general principles because I knew nothing about him. Right now he looks like a pretty good all around player and I frankly am surprised. When JBJ was out, I think he also played CF and made a pretty good grab in deep CF. With Castillo struggling and Swihart and Holt on the DL, Young is pretty darn handy to have around.

I think Young's glovework and baserunning ability are underrated, but that's just me.
    We miss you Mike.

he had a heckuva game last night. heckuva game.
    other names i have posted under: none

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    That tag-ducking play was a thing of beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.