Register now to remove this ad

Page 111 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2105

Thread: Referendum on John Farrell

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    He did - but he is also placing a very large bet on Kluber (I don't blame him - if you are going to wager, do it on your ace). Using Miller and Allen for stretches which limit their availability tonight.

Also a quiet hat tip to Pomeranz who allowed Farrell to keep the pen on schedule ... you could see right away Porcello was in trouble - strikeouts yes, but everything was high in the zone
    IMO Tito set it up wonderfully for the Indians. Yeah, he's put a lot of faith in Kubler but at the same time he's put the Sox in a position where they have to win 3 of 4. That's what I don't like about the 5 game format. If you lose the first one you're essentially screwed.

I know the Sox can do that, the question is whether they will.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    IMO Tito set it up wonderfully for the Indians. Yeah, he's put a lot of faith in Kubler but at the same time he's put the Sox in a position where they have to win 3 of 4. That's what I don't like about the 5 game format. If you lose the first one you're essentially screwed.

I know the Sox can do that, the question is whether they will.
    It makes things urgent. I think last night once Porcello spit the bit, Indians saw a chance to steal a game and they did. If Boston wins tonight (totally reasonable possibility) - series is tied and can close out at Fenway. Things always change very quickly and dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That fan is an asshole. Taking video of himself confronting the manager during the game. Fuck that guy. Perfect reaction by JF there.
    I agree. I would have had security boot him out.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Never yell at a customer in $500 seats. Bad business.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I agree. I would have had security boot him out.
    Facist.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Never yell at a customer in $500 seats. Bad business.
    i suspect his acknowledging him made that $500 guy's day

and will encourage others to follow suit....
    other names i have posted under: none

Facist.
    Am I?

You are an Attorney. Go look up Terminello Vs. New York.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Am I?

You are an Attorney. Go look up Terminello Vs. New York.
    if you want to throw a fan out of the ballpark for getting on the managers, you are getting close to the line. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    and will encourage others to follow suit....
    i can live with it. I can't live with people getting up in the middle of a Red Sox AB to get cotton candy or something else that they can't live without. Would these idiots get up during a movie or a play to get popcorn. Fucking annoying idiots. They should be removed by security.

if you want to throw a fan out of the ballpark for getting on the managers, you are getting close to the line. LOL!
    Maybe not. But remove him from his seat and bring him to standing room only or other place where he can still watch the game without interfering with it.

In any case Farrell is on the job. He has to stand there and do his job. He has every reasonable expectation that he should be able to do so without that kind of distraction.

i can live with it. I can't live with people getting up in the middle of a Red Sox AB to get cotton candy or something else that they can't live without. Would these idiots get up during a movie or a play to get popcorn. Fucking annoying idiots. They should be removed by security.
    So your needs are more important than a Managers?

So your needs are more important than a Managers?
    Duh!

Maybe not. But remove him from his seat and bring him to standing room only or other place where he can still watch the game without interfering with it.

In any case Farrell is on the job. He has to stand there and do his job. He has every reasonable expectation that he should be able to do so without that kind of distraction.
    if the guy is in his seat, and not using foul language, it is just tough shit for JF.

if the guy is in his seat, and not using foul language, it is just tough shit for JF.
    What ever happened to common decency?
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully