Register now to remove this ad

Page 101 of 141 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2105

Thread: Referendum on John Farrell

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    The bullpen went 6.2 innings and gave up 0 earned runs without having to use Kimbrel, Uehara, or Ziegler. You know nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Come to think of it, thanks for writing that in plain sight. Chalk one up for station 13.
    What's with the hostility?

Station is entitled to his opinion. And he said nothing that justifies your venom.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Mad Max strikes again!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Mad Max strikes again!!
    He has been obsessed with you. Which I can understand! Lol.

But to chastise a poster for a simple comment is nuts.

Why do people come onto Talksox just to berate others? It's one thing to point out that someones idea may be more wrong than right. That happens to me a lot!

But to shit on a guy without justification is just wrong.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He has been obsessed with you. Which I can understand! Lol.

But to chastise a poster for a simple comment is nuts.

Why do people come onto Talksox just to berate others? It's one thing to point out that someones idea may be more wrong than right. That happens to me a lot!

But to shit on a guy without justification is just wrong.
    LOL!! He can be obsessed with me as much as he wants, but if his obsession is to disagree with me, he will have to get used to being wrong.

The main gripe that I have with posters who are fixated on criticizing someone's point of view is that they think they can predict how others will react to situations. That imo is idiocy. I don't know about you Pete, but my opinions are often not predictable even to me. They put words in people's mouths which is annoying and in Mad Max's case he often mischaractizes what others say or just plain gets it wrong. So, Max, start directing your anger at umpires, players, management, or the FO, and if you want to be angry with other posters go on a political message board with the other angry people.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

In the case of Sation13, I can't think of a single time that guy has ever provoked any such response.

This was uncalled for.

Oh well.

In fairness to Max, Station is kind of annoying.

In fairness to Station, kind of annoying does not warrant the hostility.

Kumbaya people!
    We miss you Mike.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    In fairness to Max, Station is kind of annoying.

In fairness to Station, kind of annoying does not warrant the hostility.

Kumbaya people!
    Scew that!! Come on!!
    just kidding

JF completely outmanaged by Girardi in the first 3 games of this series. Why can't we have Girardi as our skipper??
    other names i have posted under: none

The Sox have a better team, the yanks have a better manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Not true. In TS all losses are the fault of the manager.
    other names i have posted under: none

I could be wrong, but Farrell seems to be doing a pretty good job lately-bullpen management included.

Deity
    Stat masters - give me some info. How many relief pitchers are out in that bullpen currently? Has the expanded roster made it easier to keep your ammo rested? Is that part of the deal? If it is, then hold the fort in the pigpen until the first of September and ride the few well rested horses through to the end. Might de-emphasize the need to spend much money on trying to find relief pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    While I haven't visited the site myself, I'm hearing that there are posters in the Yankees' forums who are screaming for Girardi's head on a platter.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    While I haven't visited the site myself, I'm hearing that there are posters in the Yankees' forums who are screaming for Girardi's head on a platter.
    Retardi, you mean. I can't remember our resident Yankee fan Jacko ever saying anything about him that wasn't negative.

It is the natural state of ffans to hate the manager. We love the team and root for the laundry even when it's worn by players we dislike. So when the team fails, and the team will fail, even a great team fails about a third of the time, and if we fail in a way that we can't blame on the usual dedicated scapegoat players, the manager gets it. Not because there is always anything he could have done but simply because the alternative is admitting that players we like can't walk on water and didn't create the universe in 7 days just to have something to stand on to hit homeruns.

The manager is the ultimate low calorie snack, it's always easier to blame the manager than look objectively for the real cause of underperformance, and of course if anyone actually bothers to defend him or bring strange, foreign ideas like rational analysis, or strangest of all, an actual sense of freaking perspective, all we really have to do is primly assert that since he's the skipper of the team it's already always his fault anyway, right? And then that weirdo and his bizarre ''logic'' stuff goes away to continue his search for intelligent life on this planet elsewhere, so if course that means you won the argument. Score!
    Last edited by Dojji; 09-18-2016 at 09:13 AM.