Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Yankees Season thread

I have made a habit of raging on Horseface for years since he chose the Yankees, not the Sox.

Still, I wonder what type of numbers he would have put up if he had been healthy more of the time?

Good bye.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Yankees are not going quietly into the night. Sanchez hit another double today. He's now 5 for 17 with 3 doubles since his call up.

I wonder how long we continue with Hicks in the OF. He is getting regular ABs as Beltran is now gone, but he is looking less and less like a regular big league OFer. Judge should be on imminent callup should he prove healthy. Judge had an ok April with a .287BA and .779OPS but he was terrible in May. The Yankees adjusted his swing and shortened it. In doing so, he went totally nuts.

Since June 1-
    39 Games (he missed 3 weeks with a knee inj) 143AB 34R 43H 9D 1T 9HR 26BB 37K .301/.408/.566 in that span. The guy is ready. Once he proves his health, he's going to be in RF and will likely be there for a LONG time.

That is the really interesting thing about our "transition". We made a bunch of deals for players, but the only guy who was a top prospect who is close to ready is Frazier, and he just got called up to AAA. That kid probably has another year of MiLB work. But we have a catcher in Sanchez who is ready. We have a 1b in Austin, who is ready and once healthy, Bird should take the mantle there. And we have a RF who is ready in Judge. Severino just got his rotation spot back as well. While it is nice to know Sheffield, Torres, Mateo, Rutherford, etc are on the way, we have the youth movement at present going strong.
    Hal sucks

ARod press conference at 11:00. Gotta love it.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    ARod press conference at 11:00. Gotta love it.
    I doubt he retires, but I think he'll take the rest of the season off and try to come back strong next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    I doubt he retires, but I think he'll take the rest of the season off and try to come back strong next year.
    Rumors are that it is the end for him with the Yankees. Maybe they are buying out his last season.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Rumors are that it is the end for him with the Yankees. Maybe they are buying out his last season.
    He will play his last game on Friday, but will serve as a Special Advisor for the team through 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    He will play his last game on Friday, but will continue to cash a check [serve as a Special Advisor for the team] through 2017.
    Corrected to reflect the truth.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yankees are not going quietly into the night. Sanchez hit another double today. He's now 5 for 17 with 3 doubles since his call up.
    Just so long as they go into the night, that's the main thing.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Glad to see this Team finally shift into rebuilding mode and saving money, they'll be ready to make a huge splash for the '19 season with the triple threat of signing Bryce Harper, Clayton Kershaw, and Manny Machado

The yanks are playing pretty well recently...while in rebuild mode.

Yeah, Yankees will sign Harper, Machdo and Kershaw, and also acquire Trout, Bumgarner, Donaldson, Betts, Seager, Fernandez and Stanton.. I also think they could also use a good bench. Arenado, Altuve, Bogaerts, Lindor and Posey should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    Yeah, Yankees will sign Harper, Machdo and Kershaw, and also acquire Trout, Bumgarner, Donaldson, Betts, Seager, Fernandez and Stanton.. I also think they could also use a good bench. Arenado, Altuve, Bogaerts, Lindor and Posey should suffice.
    Well, it wasn't long ago the Yanks were big spenders on FAs.

Even less than 3 years ago, they signed 4 out of the 13 qualifying offer FAs available that year. Since Drew and Morales signed for below QO price, I actually counted it as 4 out of 11.

Ellsbury $153M/7, McCann $85M/5, Beltran ($45M/3), Kuroda $16M/1

(others were Cano, Choo, Cruz, Drew, Grandy, Jimenez, Morales, Napoli, Santana)

Don't be shocked, if they sign 2 out of the big 3.

Brian McCann cleared waivers and may be dealt this August.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    A decade gap between Championships isn't acceptable for the Yankees, they'll definitely be signing 2 of the 3.

Oddmakers already the Yankees as heavy favorites to sign Harper.

At 10/3, the Yankees have better odds than the Los Angeles Dodgers (4/1), Harper's current team, the Washington Nationals (7/1), Boston Red Sox (9/1) and Phillies (10/1).

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...and_bryce.html