Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Yankees Season thread

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Loss to Minnesota? Beautiful.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Took 3 of 4, but Eovaldi is back in a bad streak. The guy is the streakiest pitcher on this team. He'll go 15 starts looking like an ace then have 5 in a row where he could get beaten by the Bad News Bears. Once again, this team is not ready for prime time. I want to SELL at the deadline, fuck it, sell NOW.
    Hal sucks

Chapman just threw 9 pitches, the slowest of which was 101mph. Insane. 3 of them were 103
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 06-24-2016 at 09:08 PM.
    Hal sucks

I'd be pissed if I was Girardi. The 9th started in a downpour. There was a puddle in the landing spot for the pitcher. Chapman and his 100 mph heat couldn't grip the ball. Instead of calling for the delay prior to the inning, the umps wait until Chap walks a batter and goes 3-1 on another. That neutralizes Chap. After the delay, Kirby AAAA goes into a losing situation and loses the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I'd be pissed if I was Girardi. The 9th started in a downpour. There was a puddle in the landing spot for the pitcher. Chapman and his 100 mph heat couldn't grip the ball. Instead of calling for the delay prior to the inning, the umps wait until Chap walks a batter and goes 3-1 on another. That neutralizes Chap. After the delay, Kirby AAAA goes into a losing situation and loses the game.
    I'm not gonna lie, I was very happy to wake up and see that the Yankees lost that game. That said, I would have to agree that the decision/timing of the rain delay was very poor and unfair to both teams.

My understanding is that Kirby, on 3 different occasions that inning, had the batter down 2 strikes, then proceeded to hit the batter.

TBSB,

Yankees are still closer to last place than first place and below .500.

Must be why you've doubled your trolling efforts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Jacko,

What's the deal with Eovaldi? He was just dumped from the rotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Eovaldi and his 100mph fastball couldn't miss bats. He's got the stuff to be a staff ace and he doesn't walk hitters, but he must have the straightest fastball of all time. Even at 101mph, guys are barreling it at an alarming rate

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    TBSB,

Yankees are still closer to last place than first place and below .500.

Must be why you've doubled your trolling efforts!
    I am literally hoping for a free fall. I want us to be 10 games under before the deadline and I want this team to sell. We need the fresh blood to start getting reps

It'll be very interesting to see how Cashman handles this trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It'll be very interesting to see how Cashman handles this trade deadline.
    I just want the Yankees to go away. They somehow manage to keep 'hanging around'. Must be that 'luck' factor I keep talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I just want the Yankees to go away. They somehow manage to keep 'hanging around'. Must be that 'luck' factor I keep talking about.
    They never die.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Texas and Washington in on Chapman. This is very, very good. I get that we're 3-2 out of the break, but our schedule is terrible and we're still 5 games out of a playoff spot.

From Texas, I'd be looking at Profar or Gallo and from Washington, I'd be looking at Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Texas and Washington in on Chapman. This is very, very good. I get that we're 3-2 out of the break, but our schedule is terrible and we're still 5 games out of a playoff spot.

From Texas, I'd be looking at Profar or Gallo and from Washington, I'd be looking at Turner.
    5 games out on July 19 isn't much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    5 games out on July 19 isn't much.
    Five games can be made up in a strong, two week stretch. I understand that the task becomes more difficult when there are 5 teams to jump over, but I still wouldn't count the Yankees out, much to my dismay.

The Yankees could be both sellers and buyers, or could do a partial sell, and still remain competitive enough this year.

The best case scenario, as Jack mentioned, would be for the Yankees to play well enough until the end of the month to keep them from selling, then fall off the face of the earth in August.

I am not happy that the Yankees have won the first two games from the Os.