Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Yankees Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    The most accomplished professionals in the fields of linguistics and international communications estimate that there are more than 6,500 languages spoken in the world, some of them confined to small aboriginal tribes, some of them spoken by hundreds of millions of people on every continent, some of them completely unknown by anyone due to the uncontacted status of the communities that speak them. In all of those languages, from English to French to Tagalog, from Navajo and Dutch to Punjab and Khmer, there are no words or phrases which adequately describe the depths of my loathing for the fucking New York Yankees.
    Actions speak louder than words. Resort to violence.

The most accomplished professionals in the fields of linguistics and international communications estimate that there are more than 6,500 languages spoken in the world, some of them confined to small aboriginal tribes, some of them spoken by hundreds of millions of people on every continent, some of them completely unknown by anyone due to the uncontacted status of the communities that speak them. In all of those languages, from English to French to Tagalog, from Navajo and Dutch to Punjab and Khmer, there are no words or phrases which adequately describe the depths of my loathing for the fucking New York Yankees.
    Well I would add as well the Cowboys, Real Madrid, Lakers... But the team who would lead the list for sure would be las malditas Aguilas del América LOL!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I read about a language that only one old lady knows. Researchers are frantically trying to get her to record and write as much of it before she dies.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Sabathia has really turned into the finesse pitcher we have been waiting for. He has finally turned the Mike Mussina corner. He and Tanaka at the front of the rotation looks like a good thing for us. Eovaldi has been solid and Nova has grabbed a spot and wont let go. Our 5th spot needs work. Two of the most talented pitchers on the team and in the league are struggling. Severino should be back soon and Pineda should be optioned. Both have great stuff, but both are missing something between the ears. I think Sevy is just young, but Pineda is turning into a head case. Both of them are fine if the game is moving well for them, but as soon as they see adversity, they crumble. Even the best in the biz have some adversity, the fact that both cannot get past that tells me they need to go down and get their heads straight. Green is dominating in the minors and should be starter #5 for the time being
    Hal sucks

Eovaldi was dominant today. 50 pitches of 95+ and got out of two jams. He's starting to ramp up the K numbers as well. His stuff is top notch. He keeps this going and he's going to be quite the shrewd acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Eovaldi was dominant today. 50 pitches of 95+ and got out of two jams. He's starting to ramp up the K numbers as well. His stuff is top notch. He keeps this going and he's going to be quite the shrewd acquisition
    love how he goes after people even in a hitter's count...terrific job by Miller in that one too
    he's not going to Michigan...he's going to Cooperstown...

Quote Originally Posted by jete02fan View Post
    love how he goes after people even in a hitter's count...terrific job by Miller in that one too
    ESPN said it was the 1st time in their storied history that the Yanks won a 9 inning game in which they only had one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBabeStrikesBack View Post
    ESPN said it was the 1st time in their storied history that the Yanks won a 9 inning game in which they only had one hit.
    guess we'll never know if Odorizzi pitches Castro any differently had that call been overturned..althought it was only the 6th inning..
    he's not going to Michigan...he's going to Cooperstown...

We never hit Estrada.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We never hit Estrada.
    He's been tough on the Red Sox too.

him and Smily seems to own this division.

jacko, is Pinata coming out the rotation?

Holy crap, Gardner got pinch hit for against a lefty.

Pinata is appropriate, lol. For now, he is in the rotation. I think he gets one more start. If he sucks again, I don't see any other option than to phantom DL him or option him and bring up Green. Green is dominating AAA and needs to move up and Pineda has sucked donkey dick. The thing that is so disconcerting with Pineda is that his stuff is the same. His location has been abysmal and when he gets guys on base or a team gets him in trouble, he turtles like a little bitch. This is why his xFIP and FIP look so much better than his actual ERA. His stuff is there. He is still striking guys out and limiting the walks. His BABIP is .390. But he has earned that. Too many cockshots in big moments. He and Severino need to go to AAA and rebuild themselves for later. I like the other 4 for now
    Hal sucks

Gibbons is an idiot. Estrada shuts the Yankees down on 3 hits over 8 innings making them look helpless, but he goes to his bullpen in the 9th and his closer is not available. The Yankees end up bringing the tying run to the plate against the bums in the Jays pen.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Gibbons is an idiot. Estrada shuts the Yankees down on 3 hits over 8 innings making them look helpless, but he goes to his bullpen in the 9th and his closer is not available. The Yankees end up bringing the tying run to the plate against the bums in the Jays pen.
    Yeah, I think I would have sent him back out there at 108 pitches with the closer unavailable.

Tex looks to be out for the year.