Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Simply a baseball fan

Simply a baseball fan

Hi all, just introducing myself and apologize in advance for the length of this post, (to quote Mark Twain, I didn’t have time to write a short one). I’m in my 50’s and live in Connecticut and enjoy the Red Sox. The best description of my particular case of dementia is to say - I’m simply a baseball fan. I attend games at different levels including MLB, Minor League, College, American Legion and Little League. I travel for business purposes and prefer visiting ball parks and golf courses to bar rooms. More turn-on’s include statistics, athleticism, effort, attitude, spring training, playoff races and World Series drama.. Turn-off’s include “instant” replay, 7th inning sing a long’s, mascots, folks that complain about balls and strikes from the upper deck and, most abhorrent of all, judgmental hypocrites. The TalkSox site seems like an enthusiastic mix of old and young fans offering different perspectives. I like that and look forward to the 2016 season!
    Last edited by Sandlot; 01-23-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Welcome to TalkSox. yes I bleeping hate some of those stuff, Wally, Sweet caroline, idiots that hackles, and I also hate challenge/replays. They're a wrench in the machine.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Why does everyone hate Sweet Caroline so much? It's a fun song about a grown man's romantic interest in a girl who was eleven years old when the song was written. What is the big deal?!
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Why does everyone hate Sweet Caroline so much? It's a fun song about a grown man's romantic interest in a girl who was eleven years old when the song was written. What is the big deal?!
    And grown men serenade each other with it at Red Sox games.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Sandlot View Post
    Hi all, just introducing myself and apologize in advance for the length of this post, (to quote Mark Twain, I didn’t have time to write a short one). I’m in my 50’s and live in Connecticut and enjoy the Red Sox. The best description of my particular case of dementia is to say - I’m simply a baseball fan. I attend games at different levels including MLB, Minor League, College, American Legion and Little League. I travel for business purposes and prefer visiting ball parks and golf courses to bar rooms. More turn-on’s include statistics, athleticism, effort, attitude, spring training, playoff races and World Series drama.. Turn-off’s include “instant” replay, 7th inning sing a long’s, mascots, folks that complain about balls and strikes from the upper deck and, most abhorrent of all, judgmental hypocrites. The TalkSox site seems like an enthusiastic mix of old and young fans offering different perspectives. I like that and look forward to the 2016 season!
    Welcome. You will find a love of the game here. But some members do watch at bars.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Welcome. You will find a love of the game here. But some members do watch at bars.
    Understood and encouraged. No golf courses or ball parks open around here today so sitting in one now watching college basketball and a nice snow fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Makes as much sense as serenating the flag before each game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Sandlot, you sound like a true baseball fan. You had me with the two statements that I bolded, though I am on board with most of what you said.

Welcome!

Welcome to The Rogue State.

Deity
    big Connecticut fan here in general. I am watching a snowstorm today. Good to have another poster. I am wishing that I was golfing!