Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Hi from Somerville MA

Hi from Somerville MA

Hey,
    I am nikki 33 from Somerville MA been a wicked long time die hard sox fan. I try to go to as many games as possible during the season and you can usually catch me on Vaness on the weekends when the sox are in town. I have also done the girls of Summer event and will be doing it again this year and going to Winter Weekend.

Welcome to Talksox Nikki.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Welcome to TalkSox.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Welcome Nikki! You sound like a true die hard fan.

Welcome to the rogue state.
    We miss you Mike.

Welcome. Are you originally from Somerville?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Welcome. Are you originally from Somerville?
    Yep I grew up here and went to SHS class of 2001. My father isn't from here he is from MN but my mother is from here and grew up in Somerville as well. Are you from there originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxgirl51282 View Post
    Yep I grew up here and went to SHS class of 2001. My father isn't from here he is from MN but my mother is from here and grew up in Somerville as well. Are you from there originally?
    No. My daughter and son-in-law have been living there for almost 3 years. Great place to live. I go to Christopher's a lot when I am visiting. Do you have any restaurant recommendations?

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

No. My daughter and son-in-law have been living there for almost 3 years. Great place to live. I go to Christopher's a lot when I am visiting. Do you have any restaurant recommendations?
    I have some good places. One is in Somerville on Bow Street near Union Sq and its a breakfast place called the Neighborhood restaurant. It is tiny in the colder months but when spring and summer come they open up the outside patio and the breakfast is good. All breakfast's come with homemade cream of wheat which is really good.

The other place is in Cambridge on Cambridge street going towards Lechmere station, and its a seafood place called courthouse seafood. They own the fish market and the resteraunt. $6.95 fish n chips all day every day, and if you go WED or Sat its super fish n chip still for only $6.95. They have some of the freshest seafood around.

Also some of the restaurants over at assembly row are good such as papa gyo's

Thanks for the recommendations.

I like food.