Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Boxing Thread - Sweet Science

The Boxing Thread - Sweet Science

Terence Crawford - no one in jr. welter can touch him. Fantastic complete boxer. Unfortunately, he won't be fighting the champion because the other guy is in another promotion. The other guy is moving up to welter where he won't amount to much. That guy is Danny Garcia - he would lose to Crawford.

Good fight over the weekend. Didn't live up to the full hype, but a brutal war nonetheless. Matthysse hurt his hand in round seven probably because Provodnikov has a skull harder than Wolverine's. Provodnikov's chin is uncanny. His face looked like someone dipped him head first into a wood chipper. He cuts easier than Abdullah the Butcher. Right on cue, as always when this type of carnage occurs, Jim Lampley says in a nonchalent desensitized voice, "Provodnikov, his face a grotesque bloody mask..." Quite a few vampires would of had a free lunch just watching at ringside. Both boxers have been in the past two fights of the year respectively.

http://www.allthebestfights.com/matt...eo-pelea-2015/
    Last edited by pruneface; 04-20-2015 at 07:19 AM.

I'm looking forward to seeing Roman Gonzalez on television. One of the best P4P fighters in the world. This little beast has it all and he absolutely destroys competition.

The big fight looms, probably the last giant fight of this civilization's history. My gut sides with Pacman; my head, Floyd. Pac will have to pour out a volume of punches, use his feet to get into position to fire and never allow Mayweather space for comfort. He'll probably have to feint to lure Floyd's straight right (a shot that is always there against southpaws and Pac in particular), then explode once May has it extended. He'll have to use lots of odd angles and not come right at him, start fast, and get ahead on the score cards before May figures things out.

May needs to stun Pac, earn his respect, make him wary of swarming, and turn this into a potshotting chest match, like he always does. I'm hoping it delivers action. Pac's aggression will hopefully draw the reserved Mayweather into a fight. The undercard is undeserving even though Lomachenko is a superstar in waiting. I wish he were fighting Santa Cruz; instead they're fighting cab drivers. But no one is watching for the undercards anyway.

Ah yes, the sweet science of destroying the brain matter of a fellow human. One of the last fights I watched the loser died a few days later from his injuries. Not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Ah yes, the sweet science of destroying the brain matter of a fellow human. One of the last fights I watched the loser died a few days later from his injuries. Not a joke.
    Boxing is one way to do it, yes. Humans have explored the subject of destroying brain matter to exhaustion. The sport does undermine the notion of civilized man, however. There are lots of folks in suits and ties screaming with bloodthirsty lust. While they aren't laughing, humans nevertheless find violence entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by pruneface View Post
    Boxing is one way to do it, yes. Humans have explored the subject of destroying brain matter to exhaustion. The sport does undermine the notion of civilized man, however. There are lots of folks in suits and ties screaming with bloodthirsty lust. While they aren't laughing, humans nevertheless find violence entertaining.
    Yup. And it is a disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by pruneface View Post
    I see great opportunities for you as a motivational speaker.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I have no interest in this fight whatsoever, because of the fact that ESPN has been shitting themselves with all their coverage. If they had waited until this week to do that, I would have been into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I have no interest in this fight whatsoever, because of the fact that ESPN has been shitting themselves with all their coverage. If they had waited until this week to do that, I would have been into it.
    In the future I recommend turning off ESPN if they're able to ruin major sports events for you, boxing fans have been waiting on this fight to happen for at least the past 5 years.

Mayweather is a sociopath and a bum.

He hits women.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Mayweather is a sociopath and a bum.

He hits women.
    I don't follow boxing at all, but I have heard that he is a Class A, arrogant a-hole.

Anyone who hits women is, but even without that, I understand he is pretty bad.

Anyway, like I said before, I don't understand the appeal of boxing. I don't understand how/why this fight is such a big, can't miss event.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    ESPN is part of everything that is wrong with organized sports.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

And of course, Mayweather hit-and-runs his way to a victory via decision. What are the odds.
    We miss you Mike.

Too bad more fans didn't see this last weekend's fight instead. Alvarez vs Kirkland was sensational for the brief time it lasted.

Round 1 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3nIBWlq6N4

Up next, GGG takes his KO streak into the ring against Monroe Jr.