Register now to remove this ad

Thread: College basketball 2014-2015

College basketball 2014-2015

If you appreciate players that do multiple things at a very high level, check out D'Angelo Russell (freshman) of Ohio St and Kris Dunn (soph) of Providence College. They are both tall point guards who are quick/fast, score, rebound, and assist with a classy style that isn't show boating. I used to be a PC season ticket holder so may be a bit biased, but I never liked Ohio St until I saw this year's team play. Now I'm a fan.

Anybody watch the Duke - Carolina game? Good stuff. Okafor is a bull. In the college game where touch fouls are called so much, it's hard to comprehend how Okafor can constantly knock defenders back and never get called for the offensive foul.

I wish I could contribute to some of these other sports threads with something of more substance, but I know absolutely nothing about college basketball. I just wanted to say that I will donating my $5 to my workplace's annual March Madness pool, as I do every year.

Maybe I'll get some advice this year from some of you gurus.

People who win March Madness pools are the ones who pick teams by color of uniforms or nicknames or something far less obvious than knowledge. Actually perceived knowledge is a disadvantage in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
    People who win March Madness pools are the ones who pick teams by color of uniforms or nicknames or something far less obvious than knowledge. Actually perceived knowledge is a disadvantage in my opinion.
    Pretty much... I know this year I'm taking Kentucky, but knowing how this usually works, they'll be knocked out in 2nd round by some random school.

I'd hate to see Calipari win. The SEC is weak this year so maybe they aren't as good as they look ... yeah, right.

A true and ironically funny observation. The only time that I made any money on a bracket pool was in a season where I hardly followed the sport and just picked high seeds and teams that I like.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

A true and ironically funny observation. The only time that I made any money on a bracket pool was in a season where I hardly followed the sport and just picked high seeds and teams that I like.

You just convinced me to pick Northern Iowa.

This is what I usually do - pick teams that are high seeds. I try to throw in a couple of "upsets", because those always happen. Not that I have any idea of what would really be an upset and what wouldn't. I can't go with prettiest uniforms because I don't know what their uniforms look like.

I think I'll go with Calipari this year, because I'm assuming it rhymes with calimari.

I'd hate to see Calipari win. The SEC is weak this year so maybe they aren't as good as they look ... yeah, right.
    I haven't been able to watch as much college basketball as I'd like to this year, but that teams looks legit from when I've seen them. You never know though, that Kentucky team a few years ago that featured John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe and Patrick Patterson ended up being upset before the final four. That was a team that had two legit NBA all stars and two guys who are starting on playoff teams in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This is what I usually do - pick teams that are high seeds. I try to throw in a couple of "upsets", because those always happen. Not that I have any idea of what would really be an upset and what wouldn't. I can't go with prettiest uniforms because I don't know what their uniforms look like.

I think I'll go with Calipari this year, because I'm assuming it rhymes with calimari.

You are going to go with a coach that has a name like a squid? Those things give me the creeps.

You are going to go with a coach that has a name like a squid? Those things give me the creeps.

OK, I won't tell you that I thought Calipari was the name of a school, not a coach's name.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    OK, I won't tell you that I thought Calipari was the name of a school, not a coach's name.....

It is the name of a school. Located in Lexington. Their mascot is a cheater ... oops ... cheetah.

It is the name of a school. Located in Lexington. Their mascot is a cheater ... oops ... cheetah.
    I'm so confused....

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    You can tell I don't follow college hoops. Heard of Coach K, of course. Seen his name pop up time and again but until today I never realized he coaches Duke. I always thought it was Kentucky or something. Probably the alliteration.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.