Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please, someone else post on this board

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The first 15 posts on here are why people get driven away. I've stuck around as best I can. June - Oct was a ridiculous stretch of work for me. When I'd have a chance to watch a game, the threads on here were so miserable I had no reason to contribute.
    ^This. New business, watched the games, did some lurking, and all i saw was some iteration of incessant whining from some of the "true" Red Sox fans. No thanks.
    We miss you Mike.

The first 15 posts on here are why people get driven away. I've stuck around as best I can. June - Oct was a ridiculous stretch of work for me. When I'd have a chance to watch a game, the threads on here were so miserable I had no reason to contribute.
    The game threads were less miserable than the team's play during that period.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The game threads were less miserable than the team's play during that period.
    Yup, it just compounded the problem.

Game threads are useless.

Just everyone posting "yes! No! awesome catch! what the fuck!" blah blah blah.

Come up with some interesting threads, create a little controversy......not in a way to piss people off, but as a way to keep conversation interesting.

If the regulars would just start posting again, some of that solid back and forth will interest new users and the place can be revived.

One thing i have noticed with sports forums though, they are only as popular as the team is winning. Who the hell wants to continue to post about a team that it terrible? Who wants to see all that negative shit all the time? Thats the real problem....when the team sucks, nobody gives a shit.

The pink hats stop going to the games, and the casual fans drift away when the team sucks. Its not just the Redsox either. Look at the Seattle Seahawks and that 12th man bullshit.......where was that shit from 1993-2009? Oh yeah, it didn't exist....because the Seahawks sucked.
    Last edited by SCM33; 12-17-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post

Come up with some interesting threads, create a little controversy......not in a way to piss people off, but as a way to keep conversation interesting.

If the regulars would just start posting again, some of that solid back and forth will interest new users and the place can be revived.

One thing i have noticed with sports forums though, they are only as popular as the team is winning. Who the hell wants to continue to post about a team that it terrible? Who wants to see all that negative shit all the time? Thats the real problem....when the team sucks, nobody gives a shit.

The pink hats stop going to the games, and the casual fans drift away when the team sucks. Its not just the Redsox either. Look at the Seattle Seahawks and that 12th man bullshit.......where was that shit from 1993-2009? Oh yeah, it didn't exist....because the Seahawks sucked.
    I agree with this to a point. But I like game threads so I can vent if the Red Sox are playing bad or there was a bad call. It's nice to know there are others watching the same game you are so if you need to discuss a certain play or vent with someone you can.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post

That last part about pink hats and fans not going to games when the team sucks is rich coming from you. So, are you gonna follow the Cubs for five minutes before realizing they suck every year, and then find yourself another team?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

This place is so fucking stupid sometimes.

This place is so fucking stupid sometimes.

yes

But it is consistent!