Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fantasy Football Thread

Hybrid View

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Official Fantasy Football Thread

It felt like we needed one.

Who's the worst player you ever drafted, traded for or picked up on waivers?

One time I was desperate for a RB for a playoff game and picked up Droughns and he did 5 yards rushing. LOL. That might have been the same week that half my team and 2 of my opponent's players went in the early games and when they were finished my opponent was up by 100 points. Game over.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I'm torn between who to start at QB: Brady or Rodgers?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm torn between who to start at QB: Brady or Rodgers?
    How many people are in your league? Four?

Looks like a tossup. Rodgers is the best QB in the league, but he is facing the 49ers on the road. Not sure how losing their safety will hurt their secondary. Brady is against Buffalo. I haven't heard great things about their secondary. Jeff Tuel could be the wildcard here. If he starts, I don't see Buffalo gaining positive yardage, which will lead to more drives for New England. The only worry is that they completely massacre Buffalo by halftime, and they sit on the ball. You really can't make a bad choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    How many people are in your league? Four?

Looks like a tossup. Rodgers is the best QB in the league, but he is facing the 49ers on the road. Not sure how losing their safety will hurt their secondary. Brady is against Buffalo. I haven't heard great things about their secondary. Jeff Tuel could be the wildcard here. If he starts, I don't see Buffalo gaining positive yardage, which will lead to more drives for New England. The only worry is that they completely massacre Buffalo by halftime, and they sit on the ball. You really can't make a bad choice here.
    Buffalo's secondary is decimated by injury right now, and isn't particularly great at the best of times. As you point out, Rodgers on the road against SF. Brady is the pick.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    Buffalo's secondary is decimated by injury right now, and isn't particularly great at the best of times. As you point out, Rodgers on the road against SF. Brady is the pick.
    I hesitate to make an endorsement, because a Jeff Tuel led Buffalo team will probably be down 49-0 at the half. Although, if New England is up that big, Brady probably did a lot of damage in that half. I also wouldn't be surprised if New England's defense scored 28 out of those points.

I hesitate to make an endorsement, because a Jeff Tuel led Buffalo team will probably be down 49-0 at the half. Although, if New England is up that big, Brady probably did a lot of damage in that half. I also wouldn't be surprised if New England's defense scored 28 out of those points.
    Whether it's Tuel or EJ, I don't like their chances of keeping the Bills on the field, meaning more playing time for Tom Terrific vs a tiring Bills D. It depends to an extent on how often they use Spiller (and Buffalo fans are hoping he's used a hell of a lot more than he was under Gainey).
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Banned
    It felt like we needed one.

Who's the worst player you ever drafted, traded for or picked up on waivers?

One time I was desperate for a RB for a playoff game and picked up Droughns and he did 5 yards rushing. LOL. That might have been the same week that half my team and 2 of my opponent's players went in the early games and when they were finished my opponent was up by 100 points. Game over.
    I used to do my fantasy drafts on NFL.com. This had to have been over 10 years ago. I think I was probably 12. We would have six friends sign up for teams, so no trade would ever be vetoed. The old NFL.com fantasy league wasn't clear on the team that players were on. At the time, there were two Ricky Williams' in the league. One of them was the star running back who later retired to smoke ganja. The other was a third string scrub for the Colts. We would offer the scrub for top players in a proposal. The vague setup would confuse the other owner who always thought he was getting the star RB. When they realized their mistake, it was usually too late, and they would be stuck with the shitty Ricky Williams. To make them even more miserable, we would stack one team with the best players. The other owners could only watch helplessly. Most of them quit, but some owners would go completely bezerk. Learned a lot of new vocab words that season. Probably my first successful trolling.

As for my bad pickups, I was forced to start JJ Arrington in the championship game due to injuries. I got clobbered. I drafted Jamaal Charles in one of my leagues a few years back when he tore his ACL. I also got stuck with Chris Johnson when he completely sucked one year. I think I drafted him in the 1st round. My worst waiver wire pickup was some sleeper Cowboys running back about five years ago. I hyped him up to everyone. I think he had like two carries that week. Not surprised I forgot his name.

If I learned anything from FF it's that nothing is a sure bet - I remember the guy who owned Brady when he went down in week 1 going BALLISTIC. I think he went 4th overall or something.

OK, what's the worst benching you've ever done (ie guy on bench goes off for a gazillion points)?

Me: Hmmm, shall I use Ronnie Brown as my flex this week? Ah, he's on the road against NE. Better ride the pine this week, Ronnie.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280921017
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Banned
    If I learned anything from FF it's that nothing is a sure bet - I remember the guy who owned Brady when he went down in week 1 going BALLISTIC. I think he went 4th overall or something.

OK, what's the worst benching you've ever done (ie guy on bench goes off for a gazillion points)?

Me: Hmmm, shall I use Ronnie Brown as my flex this week? Ah, he's on the road against NE. Better ride the pine this week, Ronnie.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280921017
    I left Gronkowski on the bench during his breakout 2011 season for the first few weeks. I don't remember who I even started ahead of him. I didn't even know who he was when the computer picked him for me. He was available pretty late.

I can't recall any egregious errors, mainly because I always seem to run out of depth at the end of the season, and one or two key players always end up hurt during the playoffs. I've watched my crappy QB2's dramatically outperform my starter in some crucial games. I was stuck with Roethlisberger in 2011, and watched him suck against the Chiefs. My backup was Ryan Fitzpatrick, and he tore up the Dolphins that week. I'm pretty sure I lost by the difference in points.

@Thunder - Why the hell would you own Rodgers and Brady in a league where you start only one QB?

Anyway:
    My team: (8 team league)
    QB: Aaron Rodgers
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    RB: LeSean McCoy
    WR: Vincent Jackson
    WR: Dwayne Bowe
    TE: Jason Witten
    Flex: Chris Johnson
    D: 49ers
    K: Janikowski

Bench:
    Jordy Nelson
    Le'Veon Bell
    Steve Johnson
    Ben Tate
    Anquan Boldin
    Jared Cook
    Rashard Mendenhall

Don't really like my bench much, only guys I'm even somewhat high on are Nelson and if he gets healthy, Bell.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    @Thunder - Why the hell would you own Rodgers and Brady in a league where you start only one QB?
    Four team league, or he's doing one of those pick the best performers each week game.

Anyway:
    My team: (8 team league)
    QB: Aaron Rodgers
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    RB: LeSean McCoy
    WR: Vincent Jackson
    WR: Dwayne Bowe
    TE: Jason Witten
    Flex: Chris Johnson
    D: 49ers
    K: Janikowski

Bench:
    Jordy Nelson
    Le'Veon Bell
    Steve Johnson
    Ben Tate
    Anquan Boldin
    Jared Cook
    Rashard Mendenhall

Don't really like my bench much, only guys I'm even somewhat high on are Nelson and if he gets healthy, Bell.
    Nelson arguably is a better option than Bowe, considering who is throwing them the ball. Bowe is substantially more talented, but you would think be the number one option for the best QB in the league would be higher ranked.

Not a fan of Bell. He'll probably be decent in fantasy land, because he'll get a lot of touches, but I hate running backs that run like tight ends.
    Last edited by rjortiz; 09-04-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Four team league, or he's doing one of those pick the best performers each week game.

Nelson arguably is a better option than Bowe, considering who is throwing them the ball. Bowe is substantially more talented, but you would think be the number one option for the best QB in the league would be higher ranked.

Not a fan of Bell. He'll probably be decent in fantasy land, because he'll get a lot of touches, but I hate running backs that run like tight ends.
    I think the reason a lot of people aren't that high on Nelson is while he is the #1 WR, there is still tons of other guys he is going to be fighting for catches, James Jones, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley and a lot of people feel like GB is going to run the ball more with all the RB's they added. However, I'm still high on Nelson, Rodgers seems to favor Nelson when he's healthy and he's very reliable.

Bowe is a guy I'm always really high on and he usually delivers. Bowe missed 3 games and had the 2nd worst QB situation in the league last season to Arizona and still put up 800 yards. Alex Smith isn't a great player, but he is a huge upgrade over the complete shit they had playing QB last season. Cassel and Quinn combined for 8 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a QB rating in the low 60's. Bowe was only player on Chiefs roster with more than one receiving touchdown.

Ill probably end up switching out Bowe and Nelson based on match ups, but for week 1, I'm definitely rolling with Bowe against Jacksonville.

I'm not in a four team league. It's a 10 team league. The other guys were just boneheaded drafters.

My team:
    QB Brady
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    RB LeSean McCoy
    WR AJ Green
    WR Reggie Wayne
    TE Tony Gonzalez
    FLEX Victor Cruz
    D/ST Seahawks
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    BE:
    Rodgers
    Darren McFadden
    Montee Ball
    Anquan Boldin
    Owen Daniels
    Bears D/ST
    Justin Tucker

Now, my second team (different league, still 10 team)
    QB Rodgers
    RB Steven Jackson
    RB Montee Ball
    WR Brandon Marshall
    WR Randall Cobb
    TE Kyle Rudolph
    FLEX Antonio Gates
    D/ST Steelers
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    BE:
    Matt Ryan
    Bernard Pierce
    Mikel Leshoure
    Lance Moore
    Denarius Moore
    Seahawks D/ST
    David Akers

Should I start the Seahawks D on both teams?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm not in a four team league. It's a 10 team league. The other guys were just boneheaded drafters.

My team:
    QB Brady
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    RB LeSean McCoy
    WR AJ Green
    WR Reggie Wayne
    TE Tony Gonzalez
    FLEX Victor Cruz
    D/ST Seahawks
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    BE:
    Rodgers
    Darren McFadden
    Montee Ball
    Anquan Boldin
    Owen Daniels
    Bears D/ST
    Justin Tucker
    I'd try to see if you could land Calvin Johnson for Rodgers. You definitely don't need two kickers on your roster. Pick up McCoy/Lynch's handcuff, or gamble with a sleeper. Are you going to play matchups with your defenses? They both are great options. I'd try to flip one of those. They serve no purpose on your bench.

Now, my second team (different league, still 10 team)
    QB Rodgers
    RB Steven Jackson
    RB Montee Ball
    WR Brandon Marshall
    WR Randall Cobb
    TE Kyle Rudolph
    FLEX Antonio Gates
    D/ST Steelers
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    BE:
    Matt Ryan
    Bernard Pierce
    Mikel Leshoure
    Lance Moore
    Denarius Moore
    Seahawks D/ST
    David Akers

Should I start the Seahawks D on both teams?
    Trade Matt Ryan to fill your hole at FLEX. Gates is not a great option there. You could be in serious trouble at RB if Ball doesn't win the starting job. This is why you don't draft backups when you still have holes to fill in your starting lineup. By starting lineup, I don't mean kickers and DST. Draft them last.

Yes, I would start Seattle over Pittsburgh. I'd probably cut Pittsburgh, and take a gamble on a RB with upside. Same thing with Akers. If you don't trade one of the Bears/Seahawks, play them based on weakest opponent offense.
    Last edited by rjortiz; 09-04-2013 at 04:31 PM.

But what rounds did you take Rodgers/Brady? I see no reason at all to have them both, unless you plan on trading one for a RB/WR

Speaking of bonehead drafters, some guy in my league managed to get AD, Stafford, MJD, Forte, Dez, AJ Green and Julio Jones due to people being retards. This was a $50 buy in league too, so you'd think you'd only be willing to put in $50 if you know whats going on.

And I feel like Seahawks D is best, maybe 2nd best behind 49ers, I'd start them every week... I'm also someone who doesn't own two defenses though, I only draft one and if they have bye or insanely bad match up (injuries to them), ill just pick one out of free agency for a spot start and it usually works well for me.