Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fantasy Football Thread

I'm in a 12 team PPR league. 100 dollar buy in so everybody pretty much knows what they're doing. Each TD pass is worth 4 points.

QB: Russell Wilson
    RB: Marshawn Lynch
    RB: Matt Forte
    WR: Larry Fitzgerald
    WR: Dwayne Bowe
    TE: Brandon Myers
    FLEX: Jordy Nelson
    DEF: Pittsburgh (although I'll play matchups)
    Kicker: Robbie Gould

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm not in a four team league. It's a 10 team league. The other guys were just boneheaded drafters.

My team:
    QB Brady
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    RB LeSean McCoy
    WR AJ Green
    WR Reggie Wayne
    TE Tony Gonzalez
    FLEX Victor Cruz
    D/ST Seahawks
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    BE:
    Rodgers
    Darren McFadden
    Montee Ball
    Anquan Boldin
    Owen Daniels
    Bears D/ST
    Justin Tucker
    I'd try to see if you could land Calvin Johnson for Rodgers. You definitely don't need two kickers on your roster. Pick up McCoy/Lynch's handcuff, or gamble with a sleeper. Are you going to play matchups with your defenses? They both are great options. I'd try to flip one of those. They serve no purpose on your bench.

Now, my second team (different league, still 10 team)
    QB Rodgers
    RB Steven Jackson
    RB Montee Ball
    WR Brandon Marshall
    WR Randall Cobb
    TE Kyle Rudolph
    FLEX Antonio Gates
    D/ST Steelers
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    BE:
    Matt Ryan
    Bernard Pierce
    Mikel Leshoure
    Lance Moore
    Denarius Moore
    Seahawks D/ST
    David Akers

Should I start the Seahawks D on both teams?
    Trade Matt Ryan to fill your hole at FLEX. Gates is not a great option there. You could be in serious trouble at RB if Ball doesn't win the starting job. This is why you don't draft backups when you still have holes to fill in your starting lineup. By starting lineup, I don't mean kickers and DST. Draft them last.

Yes, I would start Seattle over Pittsburgh. I'd probably cut Pittsburgh, and take a gamble on a RB with upside. Same thing with Akers. If you don't trade one of the Bears/Seahawks, play them based on weakest opponent offense.
    Last edited by rjortiz; 09-04-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Good ideas. I'll look into them. Ball should get the majority of the time between Moreno, Hillman, and himself. I definitely will look for a trade to boost up the FLEX.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Okay: I proposed a trade for Luck and McCoy for Ryan and Ball.

For my other team, I proposed a trade to a guy that as AP, CJ, and Alfred Morris. I asked for Morris and Drew Brees for McCoy and Rodgers. I think AP is untradeable for anyone, and I'm unsure about Chris Johnson
    I also asked for Trent Richardson in exchange for Ball.

Thoughts?

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    My rookie year I drafted 4th and took Ahman Green in the 1st round, Peyton Manning in the second, and I took Tom Brady in like the 5th. I think most of the other owners were obsessing about two RBs in the first two rounds.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    I had the number 1 pick, and picked AP. This wasn't a shocker, but when the next person pick Peyton was. I'm in an 8 person league and 3-7 all picked RB. Since the 8th person gets to pick twice, he picked Brees the first round then Brady the next. Idk why he did it. I'm not sure if it was to stick it to us(whoch makes no sense) or he's try to get in a nice haul at a different position. He could get something valuable in return, but I don't understand that gameplan. I think it's stupid to be honest.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I had the number 1 pick, and picked AP. This wasn't a shocker, but when the next person pick Peyton was. I'm in an 8 person league and 3-7 all picked RB. Since the 8th person gets to pick twice, he picked Brees the first round then Brady the next. Idk why he did it. I'm not sure if it was to stick it to us(whoch makes no sense) or he's try to get in a nice haul at a different position. He could get something valuable in return, but I don't understand that gameplan. I think it's stupid to be honest.
    The first pick in the draft for my second team was Aaron Hernandez.

The first pick in the draft for my second team was Aaron Hernandez.
    wait wat
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

What I'd like to see is a league where the object is to score the FEWEST points with the worst team possible, but your roster must have active players. No playing a bunch of IR guys.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    You're playing in a league with morons Thunder.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

You're playing in a league with morons Thunder.
    So it's a level playing field, at least.

I'M KIDDING.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Banned
    Okay: I proposed a trade for Luck and McCoy for Ryan and Ball.
    You don't really need Luck. McCoy is a top ten RB, but could go anywhere from second to tenth. I'd dangle Rodgers for him, and go with Ryan. You could try a straight swap and move Ball to flex.

Ryan, McCoy, Jackson, Marshall, Cobb, Gates/Rudolf, and Ball is a pretty solid lineup.

For my other team, I proposed a trade to a guy that as AP, CJ, and Alfred Morris. I asked for Morris and Drew Brees for McCoy and Rodgers. I think AP is untradeable for anyone, and I'm unsure about Chris Johnson
    You have no need for Drew Brees, and he's probably a downgrade from Rodgers anyway. I love McCoy this year. The Eagles are going to run a lot, and McCoy is a receiving threat. Morris is a good runner, but that's all. He's also not much of a threat to break off huge runs. This move looks kind of lateral to me.

Also, don't look at it as you have to replace what you're giving away in a trade. You can trade a top QB for a top RB straight up. Your backup QB doesn't have to be a monster.

I also asked for Trent Richardson in exchange for Ball.

Thoughts?
    Good luck with that one. Richardson is a 1st round running back. Ball has been going in the 5/6th rounds.
    Last edited by rjortiz; 09-04-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Banned
    Good ideas. I'll look into them. Ball should get the majority of the time between Moreno, Hillman, and himself. I definitely will look for a trade to boost up the FLEX.
    At lot of people projecting him to win the job by the start of October. I'm just not a fan of slow running backs.

Banned
    I'm guessing your top 8 looked like Peterson, Manning, Martin, Foster, McCoy, Charles, Rice, and then Brees. Forget that Brees is a bad pick in that spot, does he really think that trading Brady will yield more value than the 9th overall pick would? There's probably twenty better players in that spot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    What I'd like to see is a league where the object is to score the FEWEST points with the worst team possible, but your roster must have active players. No playing a bunch of IR guys.
    Do they have to start?