Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Draft Signing Thread

Re: 2013 Draft Signing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You honestly thought that Denney was going to get $1.6 million?
    Pretty much everyone thought he would require a bonus in the neighborhood of $1.4 million.

The biggest issue the Red Sox face will be signing Denney. The No. 81 pick holds a slot value of $671,200, and Denney, who has a commitment to play college ball at Arkansas, might not sign for such a figure. The Red Sox may need to sign Denney to a well-over-slot bonus, as they did when they drafted and signed fourth-round pick Ty Buttrey for $1.3 million in 2012. Doing so would require the Red Sox to cut costs elsewhere, and it may prove difficult.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/red-sox-draf...-upside-video/
    While Denney's $875,000 bonus is well over slot, it's actually surprising for how low it is. There were predictions that Denney would require twice as much to sign on, greatly hampering Boston's ability to go after other picks. Coming in under a million, Denney will allow the Sox to pursue the rest of their class more aggressively.
    Over the Monster

Please keep your pom poms out of the Red Sox draft signing thread.

Jon Denney #26 @jondenney26

This is awesome i have been a Red Sox fan my whole life! Ever since I started watching MLB baseball, now I'm apart of their organization!
    It helps to do your homework. Denney could have likely held out until the deadline for a bonus north of $1.2 million. The fact that he's always wanted to play for the Red Sox probably had something to do with him being such an easy sign.

Evan Drellich ‏@EvanDrellich 44s
    Sources: Red Sox have above slot deal w/ RHP Jalen Williams, 16th round. Also signed 34th round C Daniel Bethea

Evan Drellich ‏@evandrellich
    Source: Red Sox top draft pick Trey Ball to fly to Boston on Sunday, but deal not yet finalized. Negotiations smooth

Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisba
    #RedSox sign 12th-rder Jake Drehoff for $175k. Southern Mississippi LHP works w/87-91 mph fastball & slider. #mlbdraft

According to multiple industry sources, the Red Sox’ deal with first-round pick Trey Ball is in the last stages before becoming official. The No. 7 overall pick in the 2013 draft is expected to sign today, with a media introduction to follow.

The athletic left-hander out of New Castle High School in Indiana was in Boston to take his physical on Monday, and no issues emerged that would jeopardize the agreement. While precise terms remain unknown, Ball has agreed to a deal for less than the $3.246 million recommended slot value.

Trey Ball to be introduced at the Sox game today. Passed his physical. Signing slightly under slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

I love how Jackso challenged me when I said Ball would probably sign under slot.

So he's "slightly" under slot when I said he'd get full slot value. That's not much of a victory for you. What was a clear loss for you was your prediction on Clarkin
    Hal sucks

You're so adorable :lol:

God forbid you admit you were wrong. It's not like it happens all the time... oh, nevermind.

Ball signed for 2.75mm, 400k less than slot. Jackso, you were wrong here. That's a very significant amount less.

Jordan Sheffield, come on down. That's almost 650K now that the Sox are under slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    Ball signed for 2.75mm, 400k less than slot. Jackso, you were wrong here. That's a very significant amount less.

Jordan Sheffield, come on down. That's almost 650K now that the Sox are under slot.
    An ongoing trend.
    We miss you Mike.

If we get one of those tough signs (Sheffield/Longhi) then I'd be really happy with the draft. I already like it, but that would make it one of the best draft hauls in recent memory imo.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    An ongoing trend.
    Jackso Talk Sox User Guide

1. Log on to Talk Sox when the Red Sox are losing.
    2. Make a bombastic prediction about how the Yankees are better than the Red Sox.
    3. Pretend to be moving when the prediction blows up in your face.
    4. Repeat.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Lmao that is super accurate.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    Lmao that is super accurate.
    Yup. They lost last night and guess who logged on.