Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Problem connecting ps3 to new HDTV, HELP!

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Problem connecting ps3 to new HDTV, HELP!

I recently got a new 32 inch TV for my room and I love it. I've ha dmy ps3 for years now but haven't touched it in months. Watching baseball today made me realize how much I miss MLB the show. I connected my ps3 to my TV and it works but it shows in black and white. I've searched the internet forever and can't find a solution. I tried my ps3 on another TV(not HD) and the colors are fine. What I think the problem is that I need to get an HDMI cable and I really don't want to do that because that means I have to spend money on unneccesary bullshit. If anyone can help me out, I'll love you forever. It's making me so mad that I can't solve this problem.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Single A

Re: Problem connecting ps3 to new HDTV, HELP!

Try holding the power button after turning it on. I think there will be options there to switch the display. BTW how is the HDMI cable unnecessary? The display would be very different using SD and HD.

I read that online somewhere about holding the button but I got nothing. I held it for about 2 beeps(3 beeps and it turns off) and I got nothing. The reason the HDMI cable is unneccesary is because I already have an AV Cable. I'm not spending more money on a cable to improve graphics when I already have a cable.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Single A

Oh. try to tinker with your display settings on the PS3 menu. I think you can configure and maybe refresh the settings on your new TV. Have you played on a ps3 with an hdmi cable? I think the graphics difference is just huge.

Did that already. I tried every possible video output option and still nothing. I have played on an HDMI cable before, there's definitely a difference no doubt, but if i can avoid buying it I'm going to. I can live with the standard AV cable, graphics are already good enough.

Single A

Ok, maybe your ps3 is asking you to buy a new cable, hehe.

Single A

That sucks though, hope you can fix it.

A HDMI cable is not spending money on unnecessary bullshit. It will seriously improve the quality of your gaming experience. Hell, its barely spending money at all-- you can probably find one at the dollar store, they are insanely cheap. If you can't afford a dollar, I can float it to you haha

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Deity

Yeah, a PS3 without HDMI is basically a PS2 IMO. I bought a PS3 and tried to play with a standard set up and was so disappointed, figuring I had just wasted $400. I got the HDMI and figured out I hadn't. Just get the cable.

Going to get it today before work. I'm a cheap guy, I try to find a shortcut for everything.

Banned

If you can wait, you can get them for like $4.00 online.

How I felt before I got the HDMI cable

"It can be that much of a difference"

How I felt after I got the HDMI cable

"This TV did this on purpose, to show me there is more to just AV cable. I'm never playing another game unless it's in HD"

Seriously, that "unnecessary bullshit" was totally necessary. THIS is how you play a game.

Banned

Hahaha, that's exactly how I felt.