23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 69.57%
  • No

7 30.43%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Consider A Restart?

The Rangers have spoken

Anyway if we don't restart we lose the risk of losing 5-10 GM's, if we do restart we only risk maybe 2-5
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 08:16 PM
    its true though if you can talk somoene into a shitty trade you should be able to do the trade
    Unless the other GM is so retarded not to know the difference.

Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Nov 15 2004, 04:17 PM
    Anyway if we don't restart we lose the risk of losing 5-10 GM's, if we do restart we only risk maybe 2-5
    good point

Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 07:16 PM
    its true though if you can talk somoene into a shitty trade you should be able to do the trade
    True, you could also talk a retard into giving you his safe number does that mean you should be able to open it?
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Nov 15 2004, 07:17 PM
    It's like the decision to bomb Hiroshima, minus people dying. On one hand you have 10,000 American lives, on the other hand you have 100,000+ Japanese lives. There's no good solution really.

To tell you the truth, I'm not worried about owners leaving the league in its current state. I feel as if it simply isnt fair and is really not as fun as it could be right now.

Major Leaguer
    but those 2-5 have been the good, active ones, the 5-10 have been the shitty ones who fucked the whole league up
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

Have all these votes been from owners so far? We have 20 votes and about 23-25 active teams. So we may be reaching our decision soon.

I helped ruin the pirates. I think it would only be fair to start over. I know that many, including myself have put much time and effort into making a team. BUt No competition is boring and uneventful. Everyone deserves a fair chance of winning, which can only happen if we start over. I like th e draft idea, since u can shape ur team teh way u want it. All teams would be remotely fair that way. O fcourse this would eb a heavy burden on Sandman and Noah. The league should be restarted and if u want ht e same team u can get it, otehrwise u can choose anotehr.
    Former owner of the Talksox Phillies
    Fantasy owner of the Mexico City Mexicans
    Record: 0-0 0 games back
    Next opponent: Redsox05
    AIM: shadoslicer

Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 08:19 PM
    but those 2-5 have been the good, active ones, the 5-10 have been the shitty ones who fucked the whole league up
    Then don't leave if you want the good owners to stay. You are just promoting it.

I think a draft is still the best idea. It would be really, and I mean really, hard to do but it would work out in the end.

For those who say only the bad team are supporting this, i am a good team (only 2.0 GB in the division) and i think we need to have a restart because the LEAGUE, not my TEAM is in disarray.

I just think teams shouldn't be able to accept rediculous trades without actually being active in the leauge.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by youkilis rules@Nov 15 2004, 07:12 PM
    One person thought the Halladay for Morris trade was VETO-able
    That's not what I mean at all. There's a fine line between veto-able, and just a wierd trade. The only trades that we should be vetoing are the absolutely rediculous ones where a team gives another team a bucket of balls for a top prospect or player. Obviously, Morris isn't a bucket of balls.

With that said, there are 3 players in this league who really should not be moved under any circumstances: Roy Halladay, Mark Prior and Albert Pujols (and, to a lesser extent, Josh Beckett and Austin Kearns). Are you looking to free up money? All 5 of these guys are signed long term to a modest wage, and there's no way possible you could pick up somebody better in free agency, nevermind for a salary that low. Looking to win now? Nobody better than these 5. Looking to win later? They're all in their mid 20s. To deal these guys for anything less than eachother shows me that there's something up: either you are trading just for the sake of trading, or you really haven't thought things through. Just look around at the major leagues; how often do teams trade their young, major league stars?
    I have a penis.

True, you could also talk a retard into giving you his safe number does that mean you should be able to open it?

I'm repeating this point.