23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 69.57%
  • No

7 30.43%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Consider A Restart?

Originally posted by DOrtiz4prez@Nov 15 2004, 06:56 PM
    I think we should do what someone said before... Just reset all the teams and have a lottery of some sort to determine who gets what team.
    If we restart I wouldn't really mind taking San Diego again... I think some GMs who have grown accustomed to their organizations (like I have to mine) should be able to keep their teams.

If they want to, of course. Then a lottery for all the others... like Yeszir said.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 06:59 PM
    this is absurd, we do not need a restart the only teams that are voting yes are the shitty ones.
    Almost half the league has voted yes already.
    I have a penis.

I'll be keeping the D-Backs
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

We could always just have people stay with the team that they have now, just reset all the rosters.

That way, people can't choose the best teams and all that.

Major Leaguer
    so you are punishing the teams that worked hard and rewarding the teams that suckass
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

it's 12 to 5 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

That's the best we're gonna get if we restart the league.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by DOrtiz4prez@Nov 15 2004, 07:03 PM
    That way, people can't choose the best teams and all that.
    I can't really come up with the right words, but that's not necessarily what I meant. If everybody got a team they didn't want, they'd be looking at baseball decisions rather than playing favorites.

I think it's a good thing for everybody to be out of their element managing a team and players they don't have any sort of attachment to.
    I have a penis.

Ok, just to show you all that I am trying to find the right equilibrium, heres an idea which is a downright burden on whoever will run the league and whoever will be in the league, but may be beneficial. Consider it idealized baseball:

All the teams are reset. A salary cap is instituted at, say, 80 mil. Then, we have a random draft. This is the "near impossible" part.

Every team would have to rank A LOT of players in order of preference. You guys are lazy, so I understand that this would be the part where it gets hung up. In any case, we could then either draft through the program, or have a computer program written which could make these rosters based on a random draft, and the players could then be assigned to teams. This would be a lot of work on Noah and Bonds and whoever helps out. OOTP could then randomly assign the rest of the teams.

We could do the same for the minors. Whoever gets last pick in the majors draft would get first in minors and vice versa. Again, this is just a CRAZY idea.

Yeah, ive decided I quit if any restart takes place.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by YanksHater213@Nov 15 2004, 07:05 PM
    same
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

so you are punishing the teams that worked hard and rewarding the teams that suckass
    I have put as much time or more into this league as anyone else, guaranteed. I feel like I have a great team, with no major holes. Yet I am willing to restart (in fact I believe we should restart) for the benefit of the league AS A WHOLE. It's pretty frusterating to see GM's (I don't mean to single you out, RedSox24, you're a good guy) be selfish about this when many teams are desemated, many are inactive, and many owners are threatening to quit.

Originally posted by YanksHater213@Nov 15 2004, 07:05 PM
    What if you get put on the governing council simply for being "The Man?"

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by yeszir@Nov 15 2004, 07:05 PM
    Again, this is just a CRAZY idea.
    I'd be all for it, but there are over 1500 players that we'd have to draft, and 750 major leaguers. It would take forever.
    I have a penis.

Nobody mentioned my shitty team, fucking yankeehater
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Optima'>I AM A BANNED IDIOT&#33;&#33;</span></span></span>