23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 69.57%
  • No

7 30.43%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Consider A Restart?

Major Leaguer
    If/when there is a restart, all returning owners will get their team; if you would like to change you may.

There we go
    I have a penis.

Yea, it would work something like this:
    If you want to keep your team, you say so. If you want to switch teams, you say so. If you switch teams, you lose your team, and it goes into a "pot". The team-less owners can then pick new teams from the "pot".

Alternatively, everyone could start over with new teams. That is TBD. As of now though, we are discussing a restart.

I'm going to vote no, and here's why:

Lots of people have put in a ton of effort to build their teams. I think it would be insanely frustrating for people who HAVE been good GMs to just restart. I hope I have an idea that people will like INSTEAD of restarting:

Why don't we do a "supplemental draft" where all teams that haven't been messed up can protect, say, 20 MLB players and 10 minor leaguers. The rest are unprotected for the duration of the draft. I'd say there's 8 teams that are hurting right now. If each of them get to pick 2 TOTAL players, but you can't pick from the same team twice, each team that isn't messed up loses 1 player at the MOST and the other teams get a headstart to rebuilding.

Details are negociable. I prefer this (as a team who would stand to lose a player) over a restart.

Thoughts?
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

This is a good idea... I like it, 500 times better than restarting

Major Leaguer
    i vote yes but whatever you do you'll get people complaining
    QUOTE (Noah @ Nov 15 2004, 09:14 PM)
    We had another meeting and decided. Rad is too cool to let go of.
    GM of the California Angels
    2004 91-74. 2005 51-30

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by elsrbueno@Nov 15 2004, 06:18 PM
    I'm going to vote no, and here's why:

Lots of people have put in a ton of effort to build their teams. I think it would be insanely frustrating for people who HAVE been good GMs to just restart. I hope I have an idea that people will like INSTEAD of restarting:

Why don't we do a "supplemental draft" where all teams that haven't been messed up can protect, say, 20 MLB players and 10 minor leaguers. The rest are unprotected for the duration of the draft. I'd say there's 8 teams that are hurting right now. If each of them get to pick 2 TOTAL players, but you can't pick from the same team twice, each team that isn't messed up loses 1 player at the MOST and the other teams get a headstart to rebuilding.

Details are negociable. I prefer this (as a team who would stand to lose a player) over a restart.

Thoughts?
    Then you'd just be rewarding the idiots with 2 3.0 (probably less) or so players.
    I have a penis.

Well my opinion is that THAT idea is better than punishing GMs like ME who haven't made rediculous trades and want to keep the team they've got.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Originally posted by elsrbueno@Nov 15 2004, 06:31 PM
    Well my opinion is that THAT idea is better than punishing GMs like ME who haven't made rediculous trades and want to keep the team they've got.
    Exactly, why should we have to get rid of all we worked hard for. We werent the idiotic ones that screwed up our teams and made dumbass trades.

No matter how you shake it, someone's gonna be pissed about it.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

Im not gonna be pissed if we restart, im just going to quit.

I got an idea, how about we review every trade, and send back the ones that are lopsided?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

I dont think that this draft idea is even feasable. This is a program, there are technical limitations to what you can and can't do.

While it's easy to propose an idea such as yours Els, I dont think its possible. We'd have to manually go through the time consuming draft here on the board, keeping our own lists of who is available and who isn't.

And for teams who have been good and made good moves, team pikcing/keeping preference may be considered, if thats any condolence. Again, this is not a sure thing yet.

Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Nov 15 2004, 06:36 PM
    I got an idea, how about we review every trade, and send back the ones that are lopsided?
    Lopsided trades have come into play in non-lopsided trades. Back tracking would be an impossible task with the amount of trades completed....

I voted yes, I think it would be a good idea to start over with normal rosters. Just to try it out. Plus some teams are stacked. cough cough rangers cough cough

well, I guess let me know either way. I'm NOT going to quit because I really believe this is fun but I really wish it hadn't come to this and I wish there was another solution. If there isn't, there isn't, and we'll let the voters decide. I've had my say.

I guess my ultimate preference is to come to a solution quickly so we can move on, either way.