Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mo Rivera hurt?

Re: Mo Rivera hurt?

They're saying ACL and meniscus. Possibly a season/career ending injury at his age.
    For the latest Red Sox news, discussion, analysis and more visit The Yawkey Report

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGreen2004;753556;
    They're saying ACL and meniscus. Possibly a season/career ending injury at his age.
    Looking on the bright side, he'll get to enjoy his status as a first-ballot HOF'er for a longer period now.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

All-Star

Man am I sick today. Ugh, anyone but Mo. I wish it was my knee. What kind of luck are we having this year? Freak accidents left and right. I pray he can come back next year and wants to.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Meh;753570;
    Man am I sick today. Ugh, anyone but Mo. I wish it was my knee. What kind of luck are we having this year? Freak accidents left and right. I pray he can come back next year and wants to.
    You can't complain about luck with Riveras injury. He is 42 or whatever and hasn't seen the DL for like 10 years. You are lucky that this didn't happen 10 years ago and threaten the rest of his career then.

Yankees hate red sox...... Red sox hate Yankees..... But true fans of the "game" hate to see legends go down like this..... There's no doubt Rivera is the greatest closer of all time, when mo comes out of the pen against the sox, I lose all hope......

Side note... Check out the sports science piece on Rivera, pretty amazing stuff

For everyone who believed this is the end for Mo you were wrong.

He was quoted telling reporters today "I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this."

He also tweeted a thank you to fans, friends and his family for support, saying: "I will be OK. I will be back."

Even though he's 42 he clearly has plenty enough in the tank to still be a dominant closer. He doesn't need to rely on velocity to be effective. Hell even Jamie Moyer is still a starting pitcher and he's 49 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;753662;

He was quoted telling reporters today "I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this."

He also tweeted a thank you to fans, friends and his family for support, saying: "I will be OK. I will be back."

Even though he's 42 he clearly has plenty enough in the tank to still be a dominant closer. He doesn't need to rely on velocity to be effective. Hell even Jamie Moyer is still a starting pitcher and he's 49 years old.
    He's done. It's his push off leg.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by example1;753572;
    You can't complain about luck with Riveras injury. He is 42 or whatever and hasn't seen the DL for like 10 years. You are lucky that this didn't happen 10 years ago and threaten the rest of his career then.
    That wasn't just about Mo, it was a statement about this year. I've never seen a year where the organization as a whole get hurt like the Yankees this year. 7 of their top 10 prospects have been hurt as well as guys in the majors and other prospects in the system.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

That's just bravado because he hasn't accepted the inevitable yet. If he does somehow come back next year and pitch effectively, it will be an amazing accomplishment deserving of respect, but I really doubt it.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

This is my rifle....

Not saying it isn't possible, but you say the most naive and ridiculous....which means worthy of ridicule, ie to make fun of.....things on the subject of the Yankees. Just leave it at, "He's going to try and come back."

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;753676;
    Just leave it at, "He's going to try and come back."
    Fair enough, if his recovery goes well he'll be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;753721;
    At his age and this type of injury.... I'm seeing alot of bunt-basehits against mo... There's no way his knee will hold up to pitching AND having to push off his knee to field grounders

1st ballot hall of famer..... Would hate to see him attempt a comeback and stink it up

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;753721;
    He's done. Buh Bye.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He will try to come back. Hopefully he does.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Meh;753672;
    That wasn't just about Mo, it was a statement about this year. I've never seen a year where the organization as a whole get hurt like the Yankees this year. 7 of their top 10 prospects have been hurt as well as guys in the majors and other prospects in the system.
    Apparently you didn't pay attention to the 2010 and 2011 Red Sox.
    We miss you Mike.