Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/26 @ WhiteSox

4/26 @ WhiteSox

WIN!
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

All-Star

Re: 4/26 @ WhiteSox

White Sox have had our # for what seems like a while now. They've lost a lot of people it's time to take revenge!

Ross going to sit today? At least he's not on the DL with 'anxiety' like Aubrey Huff lol.
    \

Playing the WhiteSox is always a nerve wrecking game for me. They always play us tough. And correct me if I'm wrong but if they win today won't they be first in their division? They will be bringing they're A game. Here's hoping we can pull off a win and keep the momentum rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD;749599;
    Playing the WhiteSox is always a nerve wrecking game for me. They always play us tough. And correct me if I'm wrong but if they win today won't they be first in their division? They will be bringing they're A game. Here's hoping we can pull off a win and keep the momentum rolling.
    Every team is going to nerve-wracking for us this year with this bull pen.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Ugh, if I see this game it'll be with Hawk... It'll be on mute.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78;749603;
    Ugh, if I see this game it'll be with Hawk... It'll be on mute.
    That's my only option tonight. Mute it will be!! :angry:

I like Hawk too. He's an obnoxious homer, he is not as bad as many other team announcers.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;749615;
    I like Hawk too. He's an obnoxious homer, he is not as bad as many other team announcers.
    I don't like him at all. He is one of the worst IMO. Thanks for 67 and all. I would be embarassed if he were the Red Sox commentator.

Deity

I wonder if the rest of the league finds our guys, Jerry and Don as objectionable as we find most of theirs'. I have to think everybody everywhere just cannot stand Bucknife and McCarvedup...maybe with the exception of New York fans since they tend to gush whenever discussing the Yankee turds.

Anyway not really looking forward to seeing the Sox return to ML baseball from AAA by making the trip from Minn. to Chicago. White Sox are not Tigers, Yankees or Rangers but they are surely a truer test than Twins. Whites Sox are a good representative for the second tier in this league.

At least we have Doubront and Bard going. Those two and Beckett are the only guys I am really that confident in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;749619;
    I don't like him at all. He is one of the worst IMO. Thanks for 67 and all. I would be embarassed if he were the Red Sox commentator.
    I guess that I have just gotten used to listening to him over the decades. I think Sox fans have been spoiled by Remy as an analyst. He doesn't over do it. He analyzes all the things that the TV viewer would want to know. He knows when to keep quiet and he is very funny. I really think that he is the best analyst/color commentator in the business. I have the MLB Extra Innings package and I listen to all of the announcers at some point during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD;749599;
    Fwiw, chicago just got done losing a long one in california and I'd bet they're a bit spent. Here's hoping.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;749614;
    That's my only option tonight. Mute it will be!! :angry:
    if you watch it on MLB.TV there is an option to change the broadcast to NESN.. provided you are going to watch it on MLB.tv

Deity

I have to admit, Remy has a wry humor that is really very appealing. It reminds of this comment that Soxfanforsyth made last night about d-mac had me in stitches the rest of the night.

I'm almost 100% sure that there isn't a sweet spot on McDonald's bat. It's all jam or squib. No sweet spot.
    Every time I thought about it I could not help but laugh.

It had me rewinding almost every D-mac swing/contact I can remember swing/smack....dribble....dribble .....dribble......OUT and then painting a mental picture of d-mac looking quizzically at his bat asking himself "where the fuck is that thing".

To me that is the kind of thing Remy would say....just not on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by jung;749637;
    I have to admit, Remy has a wry humor that is really very appealing. It reminds of this comment that Soxfanforsyth made last night about d-mac had me in stitches the rest of the night.

Every time I thought about it I could not help but laugh.

It had me rewinding almost every D-mac swing/contact I can remember swing/smack....dribble....dribble .....dribble......OUT and then painting a mental picture of d-mac looking quizzically at his bat asking himself "where the fuck is that thing".

To me that is the kind of thing Remy would say....just not on the air.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

edit: we need to have a rolling on the floor with laughter emoticon...cuz thats how i felt after reading your post.

Deity

we need to have a rolling on the floor with laughter emoticon...cuz thats how i felt after reading your post.
    Glad you liked it...but I have to credit Soxfanforsyth for putting the image in my head...I am just not sure I am ever going to be able to look at d-mac the same way again.