Register now to remove this ad

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 @ WhiteSox

Deity

Re: 4/26 @ WhiteSox

No he doesn't.
    He didn't disappear down the stretch last year...I know, he was tired, his shoulder hurt and God made him do it! I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;750281;
    Plus, you never know what's going to be floating around at the deadline.
    Good point, or what new guys are going to come up and have an impact.

Hell, a guy like Garza could easily be available at the deadline, which would allow Bard to go to the bullpen without missing a beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpsie green;750283;
    I would vote for that. Buchholtz and Lester have to do better, and our bullpen obviously has to pitch better. If those things happen we can play with anyone.
    Lester and Clay seem to be routine slow starters. I would place a lot of faith in them turning into their normal selves soon enough. With those 2 and Josh pitching the way he has been, I'd say things look really good for this team moving forward.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Huzzah for my favorite baseball team.

Rookie

Youk's back and Tazawa is a breath of fresh air for the bullpen, that's 6 scoreless innings now this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;750287;
    Good point, or what new guys are going to come up and have an impact.

Hell, a guy like Garza could easily be available at the deadline, which would allow Bard to go to the bullpen without missing a beat.
    God I've had a hard-on for Garza for over a year now. I would flip if we landed him.

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;750288;
    Lester and Clay seem to be routine slow starters. I would place a lot of faith in them turning into their normal selves soon enough. With those 2 and Josh pitching the way he has been, I'd say things look really good for this team moving forward.
    Don't forget that Clay is still coming back from a broken back
    And the Lord said, "Go Sox"

People tell me that I'm patronizing.
    (That's when you talk down to people)

Good night guys and good game. I have to wake up early for work tomorrow.
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

Deity

Great pitching jobs by Doubront and Tazawa. Hopefully this will allow V to use Taz more cause I just don't see why not with the issues in the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by jung;750279;
    AGons has always been first pitch happy....at least as long as I have seen him in Boston. I think that is in part why he disappears in high intensity situations when the pitcher is really amped up. He is 0-1 in the hole all the time, never even evens the count and ends up swinging at a pitchers pitch to make out.
    This is just not correct.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Show;750293;
    Don't forget that Clay is still coming back from a broken back
    Give him time.

Good win, glad to see it, made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by jung;750286;
    He didn't disappear down the stretch last year...I know, he was tired, his shoulder hurt and God made him do it! I forgot.
    None of that means anything if the stats say otherwise. He killed the ball in clutch situations last year, and he's doing it again this year.
    We miss you Mike.

Red Sox are 3-1 in Doubront starts.

And the only game they lost was that bullpen choking on its own vomit against the Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Fuck, better not demote Tazawa to the minors tomorrow or when ever Hill and Cook is here.

I love his 4 pitch mix.