Register now to remove this ad

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/26 @ WhiteSox

Re: 4/26 @ WhiteSox

Quote Originally Posted by pumpsie green;750259;
    We are an 8-10 team that looks good because we will have won four in a row after this game, if we can hold on to the lead. Nothing like winning to make a team look good. I would like to see us beat good teams before I call this team a good team.
    Doubront had a good game tonite, eh? For a #4 SP I would take that outing any day.

I see a few things I haven't seen in awhile with this team. Watch Aviles out there laughing with everybody. I think we might have bought in enough new blood with good attitudes to get the "team" thing back. Not the uptight clusterfuck we have seen for the past few years. They are actually starting to play like a team.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpsie green;750268;
    Chicago is rebuilding.
    What about the Tigers, the Yankees, and the Rangers? We are going to have to beat those guys too-especially if we play them at home.
    Well we'll have our chances. I think we'll fare much better the second time around.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by jung;750258;
    He does have a tendency to disappear in high intensity situations...like when we really need a hit or an RBI
    No he doesn't.

Gonzales has a .685 OPS with no men on base, but OPS's of .954 and 1.359 with runners on and RISP respectively. He's also OPS'in 1.357 in 2 out, RISP situations.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan;750271;
    I see a few things I haven't seen in awhile with this team. Watch Aviles out there laughing with everybody. I think we might have bought in enough new blood with good attitudes to get the "team" thing back. Not the uptight clusterfuck we have seen for the past few years. They are actually starting to play like a team.
    I hope you are right my friend.......I am reserving judgement. I would like to see the pitching get a lot better.
    Welcome your new team: Last place loser bums.No playoffs for two years running and working on a third

Perfect team win. Offense does its job, Doubront was impressive, and 3 scoreless from the pen.

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

So, this brings us to 8-10 right?
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

Tazawa is a sight for sore eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpsie green;750268;
    Chicago is rebuilding.
    What about the Tigers, the Yankees, and the Rangers? We are going to have to beat those guys too-especially if we play them at home.
    Just because they didn't beat them earlier doesn't mean they won't beat them later.

It's amazing how much better a team plays when it's winning games and gaining confidence.

Oh, and when they have 3 of their studs (Ells, Craw, Bailey), who should all be back in the middle of the year.

This team just needs to keep pace for the first half, stay within striking distance, and then when the reinforcements come back, they can make some headway pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Deity

He's hitting .300, but I haven't seen him hit too many balls that hard. He's swinging at a lot of first pitches and hitting a lot of soft ground balls right at middle infielders.. I don't know, something just seems off about him this year
    AGons has always been first pitch happy....at least as long as I have seen him in Boston. I think that is in part why he disappears in high intensity situations when the pitcher is really amped up. He is 0-1 in the hole all the time, never even evens the count and ends up swinging at a pitchers pitch to make out.

Good game. Good win.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;750278;
    Just because they didn't beat them earlier doesn't mean they won't beat them later.

It's amazing how much better a team plays when it's winning games and gaining confidence.

Oh, and when they have 3 of their studs (Ells, Craw, Bailey), who should all be back in the middle of the year.

This team just needs to keep pace for the first half, stay within striking distance, and then when the reinforcements come back, they can make some headway pretty quickly.
    Plus, you never know what's going to be floating around at the deadline.

All-Star

Good win tonight. Doubront and Tazawa both proved quite a bit. Tazawa definitely deserves his spot in the 'pen. His stuff is just nasty.
    And the Lord said, "Go Sox"

People tell me that I'm patronizing.
    (That's when you talk down to people)

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;750272;
    Well we'll have our chances. I think we'll fare much better the second time around.
    I would vote for that. Buchholtz and Lester have to do better, and our bullpen obviously has to pitch better. If those things happen we can play with anyone.
    Welcome your new team: Last place loser bums.No playoffs for two years running and working on a third

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan;750280;
    Good game. Good win.
    Good game. Good win. Good night.
    Whoever is starting these threads sure has the touch.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;750273;
    No he doesn't.

Gonzales has a .685 OPS with no men on base, but OPS's of .954 and 1.359 with runners on and RISP respectively. He's also OPS'in 1.357 in 2 out, RISP situations.
    I think that we haven't seen his ceiling in Boston uniform (Probably first half last year). I think he can (and will) give a lot more IMO.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.