Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: 4/16 vs Rays

Re: 4/16 vs That team with 4 fans

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;743586;
    Will you be going to any of the Texas or Yankee series?
    Going to the Wednesday night game, but I'll be in Nashville for a wedding during the NYY series. Lame.:thumbdown
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;743593;
    Going to the Wednesday night game, but I'll be in Nashville for a wedding during the NYY series. Lame.:thumbdown
    Better be a damn good wedding.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

This is my rifle....

I'm in Nashville from Wed-Fri for our company's PM conference.

I nominate Va for the gt if she's games for it, I feel like her mojo could get us some wins. Just a gut feeling.

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Shrugs shoulders* I'm not even mad. My mojo was too good for talksox anyways <_<
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;743106;
    10 lashes and one episode of "Yankeeography" and you are forgiven.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS;743107;
    Not enough. He also has to listen to ten minutes of consecutive John Sterling home run calls.
    That's foul. I'm one of the good ones. That's too much torture. But seriously, that was pretty embarassing that I didn't know that.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Well, Charge this L to V; he should take Bard out after the first walk, everybody knew that he was done after that walk in the 7th. Bench Youk and let fucking McD take a spot? Really?. What do the managers see in this guy ?, Hell, I prefer see Repko or Ciriaco or even Nava or whoever you want, but please get rid of this bust for once and for all.

Bard was great. He only needs to manage better the count specially when he is 0-2/1-2. His repertory looked a lot better.

The best offense in the majors (IMO) is coming, but the good thing is that Lester and Beckett will face them. Hopefully everything between Youk and V is in the past and move on... Oh, and please V, shut up!.

Go Sox!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Wow, just watched the highlights. Larry vanover deserves to be fired. He's lucky Ross didn't drop his ass. What a cunt, 99.9% of umps are. There is no accountability with those sacks of shit, they're pathetic and the overwhelming majority of them deserve to lose their jobs. Can we really blame delmon young for flinging his bat at an ump back in the minors. It's sad what these idiots get away with. Anybody else sucks at their job and gets fired, not these assholes.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji;743526;
    What if it isn't close, and it's called a strike anyway?
    If it isn't even relatively close, then you have to take the pitch. If it is called a strike there is nothing you can do about it.

Because the whole point of the strike zone is that that's the area where, if a ball is thrown there, a professional hitter ought to be able to make contact with it. If a ball is thrown too far outside the strike zone, sure, you can occasionally still make contact if you're disciplined, have a good idea what you're swinging at and have a quick bat, but has that described Ross at any point recently?

If he swings at that, odds are what happens is that he misses, and we're yelling at him for chasing one that was obviously out of the zone to end the game.
    I would have liked Ross to swing at that pitch, but that is just because I don't like when games are ended on a batter being called out on strikes. I cannot blame him for not swinging at it. It was a clear ball. My only logic is that the ump was inconsistent all game. It is a tough call to swing at that pitch. Nine times out of ten that is called a ball. Obviously some umpires need to get their eyes checked. I just hate to see us lose a game on a horrible call for strike three. I would not be as pissed if the balls and strikes were be called fairly. I am not disagreeing with you, because you are making good points. I was just kind of upset at the time because there is nothing more that I dislike as a player myself than watching a game ending in a guy caught looking on strike three. Ross actually had good discipline to layoff of that pitch.

Deity

Should be an interesting couple of days. This will be a major test for our pitching staff along the lines of Detroit. Neither Detroit nor Texas is typical of the offensive prowess of teams in the AL but neither is Tampa the other way. Our top two guys go tonight and tomorrow night and then we have 3, 4 and 5 going against the Yanks.

Go Sox.

This is my rifle....

The concerning thing about the Yankee series is that our pitchers most prone to wildness will be facing the team that has a lot of patience, and because of them being "The Yankees!" seems to get the smallest strike zone when they are at the plate. It might be agonizing to watch.

Legend

Tough loss after 3 wins. You want to see them sweep the Rays--who I still think are an overrated, scrappy team. The games you want to win against them are these type--beat 'em at their own smallball game.

When's the last time the Red Sox won a morning game during the Boston (make that Kenyan) Marathon?
    They don't win very often, in my recollection. Maybe they should be in bed earlier for a morning game.

They might also take some advice from the Kenyans: it was evident to me about 10 years ago when the Kenyans started dominating the Marathon that they run as a TEAM. They put 3 or 4 guys or gals up front and control the pace. That's why they have the top 3 finishers both male and female. Plus they have maybe the world's best distance runners right now. But it's the team approach that makes them unbeatable. Nobody else does that.

The Sox could use some of that team spirit. They didn't have it last year--they need to recapture it this year. Maybe some of that young blood--kids trying to make it big-- might help this team. I see too many mediocre veterans on this club with no upside.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport;743676;
    Tough loss after 3 wins. You want to see them sweep the Rays--who I still think are an overrated, scrappy team. The games you want to win against them are these type--beat 'em at their own smallball game.

When's the last time the Red Sox won a morning game during the Boston (make that Kenyan) Marathon?
    They don't win very often, in my recollection. Maybe they should be in bed earlier for a morning game.

They might also take some advice from the Kenyans: it was evident to me about 10 years ago when the Kenyans started dominating the Marathon that they run as a TEAM. They put 3 or 4 guys or gals up front and control the pace. That's why they have the top 3 finishers both male and female. Plus they have maybe the world's best distance runners right now. But it's the team approach that makes them unbeatable. Nobody else does that.

The Sox could use some of that team spirit. They didn't have it last year--they need to recapture it this year. Maybe some of that young blood--kids trying to make it big-- might help this team. I see too many mediocre veterans on this club with no upside.
    I think slaughtering one of the leagues best pitching staffs in 3 straight games means the team is fine. 3 of 4 is still fantastic.

Automate the balls and strike calling already! Short of that, at least implement a challenge system. It works great in tennis and cricket.

Double A

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;743662;
    Wow, just watched the highlights. Larry vanover deserves to be fired. He's lucky Ross didn't drop his ass. What a cunt, 99.9% of umps are. There is no accountability with those sacks of shit, they're pathetic and the overwhelming majority of them deserve to lose their jobs. Can we really blame delmon young for flinging his bat at an ump back in the minors. It's sad what these idiots get away with. Anybody else sucks at their job and gets fired, not these assholes.
    The umpire was not constant all game long i don't blame Ross for being upset but you got to protect the plate. those type of calls are for youth games not in mlb level.

Quote Originally Posted by amica4plateump;743698;
    Automate the balls and strike calling already! Short of that, at least implement a challenge system. It works great in tennis and cricket.
    Wouldnt work in mlb you still say it would be "fixed" if the call didn't go the right way not to metion there calls the umpire has to make that a machine cannot do.