Register now to remove this ad

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: 4/15 vs Rays

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Re: 4/15 vs Maddons BP Merrigoround

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;743045;
    Hahahaha.

Rays fans on The Rays Republic forum think that the Sox are stealing signs because they're blowing up the Rays.

And the Rays actually think so too. Gimenez said it looked like they knew what was coming. Well Gimenez, welcome to the bigs.
    So out of the 4 members you saw on the site, how many agreed on the stealing signs?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Deity

Don't have to steal signs when the ball is always ending up in the same spot (right down main street) and the velocity is the same. Does not matter whether the catcher has put down one finger or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;743049;
    So out of the 4 members you saw on the site, how many agreed on the stealing signs?
    At least 3. 75%.

Gotta have some kind of an excuse when you lose apparently. I just threaten to sell my tickets. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;743045;
    Hahahaha.

Rays fans on The Rays Republic forum think that the Sox are stealing signs because they're blowing up the Rays.

And the Rays actually think so too. Gimenez said it looked like they knew what was coming. Well Gimenez, welcome to the bigs.
    Maybe if Jimenez threw down anything other than a 1, he might have gotten them off-balance. Moore got bashed based on his heater. You cannot be that predictable and win vs the sox.
    Hal sucks

This is my rifle....

Is Rip van Winkle (BtR) aware that tomorrow is the early Patriots Day game? Jobu likes his mojo, and we want to keep the train rolling.

Got tickets to the game tomorrow as well. Sox are 2-0 when I'm there. Hopefully a clean sweep is in order.

I hope Bard throws as well as he did in Toronto. If so, he's going to cruise to a W.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13;742979;
    Aviles has a few solo shots, but his sub .300 OBP belongs in the 7-8-9 spot.

Sweeney for lead off.
    I agree 100% with this actually, I think Sweeney could be a damn good leadoff hitter.. Although it seems Aviles does better from the leadoff slot than he does 7-8-9.. Maybe this is a good place for him to be? It may improve his OBP, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;743043;
    Yikes.

Andrew Miller today in Pawtucket: 0.1 IP, 3 BB, 4 ER.
    There's the Miller we all know and love!

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;743044;
    you were confident about Miller, weren't you? :lol::harhar:
    I was too.. Still am actually..... Somehow...

I see the Rossbombs are back, hope he keeps that up too

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;742476;
    Ralph Branca seems like a cool dude.
    He's a very cool dude. I met him in Cooperstown outside of a baseball card show the weekend that Rice was inducted. He's about 90. He's a huge man. You don't see many guys his age that are that big. His mind is as sharp as a tack. He was cordial and outgoing. People were talking about the fact that it had been recealed that the Giants had been stealing signs in the last 2 months of 1951. He was pretty pissed about the situation. He said that he knew that they had been cheating but couldn't say anything about it for 50 yrs without evidence. Now that there was evidence, he was unloading. He said that the Giant had robbed his teammates and the fans of Brooklyn. It was obvious that the weight of that home run had finally been lifted from his shoulders after so many years. I felt good for him, because it had to have killed him knowing what he knew. Despite that, he had always been the most gracious loser you could ever meet.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;742848;
    He trashed Fenway, the Sox fans, is a birther, a racist, and just a jerkoff in general. Someone needs to hit him up top with a heater.
    He is all of those things, but how is he a racist? Not liking Obama doesn't make him a racist. It makes him right about one thing in life.:lol:

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

• David Ortiz still has plenty of batspeed and is still torturing LHP. He is carrying this offense right now.
    • Doubront looked great, dominant early, but later they were all over his fastball. They were getting the fat part of the bat on his fastball.
    • Padilla is looking great in Aceves old role.
    • Aceves has more pitches than any other closer.
    • Joe Maddon is out of his mind batting Keppinger behind Longoria. If any pitcehr lets Longo hurt them, their manager should trot to the mound and slap them in the face in front of all the fans. Lol!!!

BTR and SFF, keep up the mojo tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;743080;
    He is all of those things, but how is he a racist? Not liking Obama doesn't make him a racist. It makes him right about one thing in life.:lol:
    He used to throw banana chips at Dominican teammates when they "would act like a savage"
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;743024;
    What MLB team doesn't have flaws?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33;743030;
    Hugh?

The statement was about pessimism. I said that you should be able to both praise and critique the team without being labled. Granted, some people are just negetive no matter what and disappear around here when they do well..... but the Redsox dont shit ice cream, so when shit comes out of their ass...I call it shit.
    For the record SCM, I was not calling you or anyone else in specific a pessimist. I have no problem with anyone criticizing the Sox as long as they are objective and don't have an agenda.

What I am tired of is the wholesale negativism spewed by some folks around here and of course the lame-ass media.

Why not just enjoy baseball?