Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/10 @ Toronto

4/10 @ Toronto

vs

He's ugly.

Boston Herald interview with Daniel Bard after last night's game:

BH: "Daniel, is it true that you've grown out that stub so you don't look like a 13-year old with a hormonal problem?"

DB: "I don't get paid to make these fucking decisions"

BH: "So you're channeling your inner Josh Beckett now, Daniel?

DB: "Don't even joke about that shit, i can't channel Josh until i drink at least two thousand more beers"

BH: "What's your mindset for tomorrow's game Daniel?"

DB: "I'll be eating fried----, i'll be watching tape of Blue Jays hitters while listening to All I Do Is Win to DJ Khaled. I'll also walk Jose Bautista every time up. That fucker's roiding".

BH: "That's Daniel Bard for ya, folks."
    We miss you Mike.

All-Star

Re: 4/10 in America's hat

Let's get another W today. The offense needs to produce early. I expect Bard to give up some runs in his first start. Hopefully he can prove me wrong. We just need to get ready to hit today.

Offense Offense Offense Offense Offense...

Let's give Bard a chance to go 7 or 8 today comfortably if possible. Let's hold the upper hand with the bats and God help the left side of our infield.

Let's go Red Sox. Jacoby needs to be the Blue Jay-Killer from last season, TONIGHT.
    So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

In Americas Hat? What is that?

We usually pummel Drabek. Hopefully, that will not change, and hopefully, Youkilis will snap out of his funk. He looks badly out of sync. It would be be nice for things to start clicking for him.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

This is my rifle....

"America's Hat" is the derogatory term used to refer to Canada by Jim Rome.

EDIT: ie, it is not an independent, sovereign country, but merely an American accessory, and since it is on top of America, it is the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;739697;
    "America's Hat" is the derogatory term used to refer to Canada by Jim Rome.

EDIT: ie, it is not an independent, sovereign country, but merely an American accessory, and since it is on top of America, it is the hat.
    Got it. Yes, I have heard this before.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity

I really think it will take the warm weather coming around for Youk to really come around if he is going to come around at all.

He may be coming up on the end of the line even faster than some of us that have been expecting this would have imagined. I hope not because we do likely need at least another year out of him.

Hopefully Boston will see some warm weather when they return.

The sox are going to sweep this series. Drabek is still feeling his way around and Romero always lays down vs the sox.
    Hal sucks

Fuck the Jays.

Crawford is the 11th highest paid player in baseball. Let's hope he return within 2 weeks and earn some of that.

First winning streak of the season...

Is a Blue Jay the least intimidating team mascot ever? I mean its a small fucking bird that eats seeds.
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, You know we couldn't live without you

Quote Originally Posted by Brown28;739730;
    Is a Blue Jay the least intimidating team mascot ever? I mean its a small fucking bird that eats seeds.
    Actually, I once tried to explain Boston's mascot to some friends in Rio and they thought a pair of socks were the lamest thing ever. This from a country when one of the most popular football team's mascot is a dead, salted codfish.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jung;739708;
    I really think it will take the warm weather coming around for Youk to really come around if he is going to come around at all.

He may be coming up on the end of the line even faster than some of us that have been expecting this would have imagined. I hope not because we do likely need at least another year out of him.

Hopefully Boston will see some warm weather when they return.
    I am not a big Youk fan, but I do hope for the best for him. I hope that he snaps out of this little funk he is in. If Big Papi has a solid year this year, Youk struggles, and Middlebrooks is MLB ready by next year, then this may be Youk's last year in Boston.

I have always been a person to not use the temperature as an excuse. I do understand that they were use to nice, warm weather for a month and a half, but that is not an excuse for Youk not being able to hit the ball. He was born in Ohio. He grew up playing in cooler weather. I did the same growing up. Youk will get things going.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;739709;
    The sox are going to sweep this series. Drabek is still feeling his way around and Romero always lays down vs the sox.
    I like the sound of this. I hope you are right.

I was thinking today, since Bard is starting. What year was Papelbon going to start? Was it '07? Why didn't it work out?
    "JONNY EFFING GOMES"