Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: 4/9 @ Detroit

All-Star

Re: 4/9 @ Bautista's roiding.

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan3;738797;
    Today is our day. I think Doubront will impress a lot of people today and give us a solid outing. If he can pitch 6 or 7 and only give up 4 runs or less, then I like our chance in this game. The key to this game is getting a lead early in the game. I think our offense will stay hot. My prediction of the day is that Pedroia gets his first homer. We need to come out ready to swing the bat. I am greatly concerned if this game is close going into the later innings. Why not try Albers and Morales in the 8th and 9th today? They at least deserve a shot. Aceves and Melancon have been pitching poorly.
    Prediction correct. I got out of work just in time last night to watch Pedroia get the double to lead off the ninth. What a great comeback and a great first win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRWC_...feature=relmfu

Another video of the same angry fan, this time regarding the Toronto Game 4/9/12 LOLs
    So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;739688;
    I told myself this after he ran from 1st to home vs the Tigers :lol:
    I was out of the room when I heard that AGon went from 1st to home, but I was surprised to hear that. I heard Gammons. Or someone else last year mention that some coaching could help Agon run better. I really had no idea how that could be done. How can you make someone faster?

As for Atchinson, he is a useful 5th or 6th guy out of the pen. Unfortunately, he always gets caught in a numbers game, and if he has any options left, he'll be bouncing back and forth to Pawtuckett.

Where did Aceves get the mid-90's heat? If we need a closer tonight, it might be Melancon, because Aceves has pitched back to back nights. I wonder if Padilla will be available tonight?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;739692;
    If we need a closer tonight, it might be Melancon, because Aceves has pitched back to back nights.

I have a feeling we'll end up seeing Thomas and Bowden instead. I think I'd rather see them over Melancon right now, as much as I'd like to see Melancon finally settle in and prove himself.

Deity

Hey it there anybody on the forum that lives east of the Mississippi but west of New England?

The Boston Ground Crew must be pouring on the irrigation for that field with games coming up.

I am north of Fenway but not by much and we have gotten no snow all winter, other than that flash October storm. We got no snow or rain all of March and nothing here yet in April. We had three days in a row above 80 degrees in March (unheard of for us). Yet after that it has been really pretty cold with no precipitation.

It has been so cold that the irrigation companies will not come out and turn on systems. I finally broke down and got out the hoses and sprinklers. The plants are just starting to really suffer from the lack of water. There is no ground water cause there was no snow and no rain comein' down.

Anybody west of New England getting any rain coming our way?