Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB.TV Premium

MLB.TV Premium

Hey all,

I am almost ready to pull the trigger on purchasing MLB.TV premium, as I am never able to watch games. I get frustrated trying to watch games on shady sites that end up causing me more stress than anything, and usually not ending up being able to watch the game at all.

Anyone have this?

I work midnights, 10pm-830am EST...so I am usually sleeping during games, or have to leave for work at 9pm before games are over (if on the off chance it is televised)...

I am allowed to stream the game at work hypothetically, and from what I understand I would be able to stream the games live, or watch them after they finish from a work computer (I can unblock the media filters, no worries there)...

I think if I sign up and purchase premium, I would also get the 'At Bat' App for my iPhone free...

Edit to add: So, given that I am in Canada...Blackout restrictions shouldn't apply to me for Boston Red Sox games ever from what I understand. Only Blue Jay games would be restricted outright for all of Canada, which I have no problem with.

I am just wondering if I can watch the games once they have finished, or if part of the deal is you have to watch them live, or else too bad you miss them?

Pretty sweet I could essentially strap the games on my TV at home (via PS3) if I am home and not having to work during the game

Seems worth it unless I am missing something

help me out if you can with info/opinions
    So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

Re: MLB.TV Premium

I have it. It's usually good, but some games are blacked out, and the quality can be frustrating if you don't have a high-powered internet connection.

For me, at least, it's absolutely and totally worth it.
    We miss you Mike.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Get it, you won't regret it.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Thanks, guys.

That is exactly what I needed to hear.

Purchasing in the AM. (getting off work at 8:30am EST)

I hope the purchase/enrollment process is extremely quick, so that I can tune in to the season opener game at 1pm

Stoked!

It is quick... It is great I've been using this and works fine.

Enjoy it!
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

BTW Sometimes I use it at same time with the same account in four different devices LOL (apple tv, Computer, iPad and iPhone)

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Amazing, thanks...

So when I purchase it/go through the enrollment process, I then have immediate access right? There is no activation wait-time buffer zone, er?

My plan for tomorrows game is to purchase/enroll and take my passwords and hit up PSN...download the MLBtv thing from Playtation store, and hook up the game proper.

Quote Originally Posted by onlybereaved;735967;
    Amazing, thanks...

So when I purchase it/go through the enrollment process, I then have immediate access right? There is no activation wait-time buffer zone, er?

My plan for tomorrows game is to purchase/enroll and take my passwords and hit up PSN...download the MLBtv thing from Playtation store, and hook up the game proper.
    It is immediate access my friend.

I am excited.

Also, can you please confirm....Am I able to watch games that have already finished? Like if I miss a game, can I catch it the next day or within a certain amount of hours after it's over?

Quote Originally Posted by onlybereaved;735976;
    I am excited.

Also, can you please confirm....Am I able to watch games that have already finished? Like if I miss a game, can I catch it the next day or within a certain amount of hours after it's over?
    Yeah, you can watch games already finished over and over again if you want :lol:. You can watch 4 games at same time, live!. All in HD. It has a lot of functions and features. You will love it.

:thumbsup:

Stoked as frig

You wanna share your username and password for it?lol
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

Wow, so the purchase/registration process took all of 2 minutes. Instant access.

Immediately after that, you download the At Bat app and log into it using your MLB.TV username/password...and that worked immediately and took all of 1 minute.

Now, all I need to do is download the MLB.TV application from the PlayStation-Store when I get home, and I am completely set up.

The only thing I may have to do is update my flash on the MacBook, and possibly download/update Silverlite or whatever.

Thanks again for the help guys.

I will post an update/review once I am familiar with everything and once I have seen a few/listened to a few games on different mediums/devices to let you know what my feelings are on the purchase.

Word!

Alright, so from the point of typing my name/CC info into the registration process, to downloading/setting up At-Bat on my phone and obtaining MLB.tv app from Sony Play Station Store...It took a combined total of maybe 10 minutes.

The set-up for this was easier than anything, not 1 single problem encountered along the way.

I watched the Red Sox opener and chose NESN as my broadcast, so I was able to avoid the ESPN bullshit...I watched the game on my big-TV through PSN, and had my macbook up streaming the Phil Vs. Pitts game as well as the other games that were on at the time.

If everything continues as-is, this would get a 10/10 from me considering the price and what you get for it.

Thanks again for the help/opinions/suggestions, guys!

MLB.TV Premium = Win in my honest opinion.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boston22407;735991;
    You wanna share your username and password for it?lol
    Doesn't work that way..
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.