Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A new mod is needed

Re: A new mod is needed

You take the internet way too seriously dude.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

I do not! Take that back or I'll drive all the way out to Minnesota and punch you!
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I'd make a counter threat, but you'd probably just enjoy it, you masochist.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;723377;
    The reason this site 'needs more active moderation' is because of stuff like this.

Random people signing on and posting disgusting pictures happens to most websties like this one. Normally theyre gone within minutes, unless its at a certain time of night.

But the constant bickering, the responding to posts with insults and profanity EVERY SINGLE TIME someone says something you don't like, is the reason this place is the way it is. New people come here and see the way you all act and assume it's okay to do that too.

I went back through a couple random threads in the TalkSox forum. I can't even keep track of how many times I saw the words "idiot" and "stupid", not to mention entire phrases devoted to explaining your position on a trade or acquisition that instead of being factual, are filled with curses and shots at the people who disagree with you.

We've tried plenty of times to stop this, but every time we do it ends up being ignored. People will send us messages complaining about how someone is harrassing them and how we haven't banned them, and then do the exact same thing themselves to someone else. And when it does become too much for us to allow, and we ban someone for being antagonistic and obnoxious, half of you complain about how awesome that person was, even though they did exactly the same things you were complaining about, only not to you, to other people.

In other words, we do the best we can considering every single decision we make is harped on endlessly by half of the people here.

It may seem like we're not around, but often we are, we're just looking and not posting. Stuff will be taken care of. And when the regular season starts, it'll all be back to normal, and you can tell people they don't know what the fuck theyre talking about because theyre stupid and then send me a PM explaining that someone should be banned for telling you you dont know what the fuck youre talking about, and feel smug about it, and life can go on.

In conclusion, we do what we do for good reasons.
    Good post. I apologized after I realized he didn't mean in a bad way. Still doesn't change what I feel about having a new mod. Yeszir himself he was even considering a new mod. SOTK and MSU are like never here(but great posters). You, Coco, and Yeszir are the only active ones. Even during the season Yeszir wasn't on that much(at least towards the end). I'm not saying you guys are bad. You do a good job because dumbasses like Suns, GoBruins etc. are gone. I just wanted to bring it up for discussion. If some people like the idea than good, if not oh well we just move on.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

IMO the board is running well. Of course, it has had its ups and downs, but I think that as long as we respect each other beyond our opinions (agree/disagree), everything will be just fine.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;723438;
    Good post. I apologized after I realized he didn't mean in a bad way. Still doesn't change what I feel about having a new mod. Yeszir himself he was even considering a new mod. SOTK and MSU are like never here(but great posters). You, Coco, and Yeszir are the only active ones. Even during the season Yeszir wasn't on that much(at least towards the end). I'm not saying you guys are bad. You do a good job because dumbasses like Suns, GoBruins etc. are gone. I just wanted to bring it up for discussion. If some people like the idea than good, if not oh well we just move on.
    We have discussed bringing in a new mod before. In fact, I suggested it a few months ago.

I am just saying that if we don't, it's not the end of the world. TS will be fine either way.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;723431;
    I'd make a counter threat, but you'd probably just enjoy it, you masochist.
    Sadomasochist, thankyouverymuch.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;723417;
    Exactly. Trust me, weve considered banning every one of you at one time or another.

Especially you. Not a day goes by where I dont beg to ban a700hitter.

But its always 'fairness' this and 'you cant actually deliver an electrical shock through his computer' that.

Buzzkills, I tell you.
    You'd be doing me a favor.:lol: I spend so much time here that it can't be healthy.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;723450;
    We have discussed bringing in a new mod before. In fact, I suggested it a few months ago.

I am just saying that if we don't, it's not the end of the world. TS will be fine either way.
    ^ Strawman!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

:lol: I am shamed.

Eloquent YOTN

Major Leaguer

Alright, I'll do it but only cos you insist and I'll only want a score (20) a day.
    Who delivers ten times out of ten? Thats right baby.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;722843;
    I know it wasn't you goofball. The troll must have posted here before a long time ago. It's not like rivernator was in the mainstream.
    I think maybe it was billyboy. He was punished because he got caught by his mom smoking a cool, refreshing Mustang Menthol - with a lighter he stole from her. As he was grounded, all spinning kicks needed cyber-delivery.

WOOOOOOO!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

I probably wouldn't last very long as a mod or an active member here since my first (and most likely last) act would be to reinstate Dipre.
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    -John Belushi

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

I miss that guy. It's a shame the mods didn't see him the way others do.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.