Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite band ever. Go.

Major Leaguer

Re: Favorite band ever. Go.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;713984;
    yeszir is definitely a hipster.

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Venom, Slayer, 80s Metallica, Megadeth, NWA, Eazy E, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, EPMD, Cypress Hill, Nas.
    Venom was great. Now, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by boy racer;713990;
    Easily my favorite Nirvana album.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;713993;
    Easily my favorite Nirvana album.
    Likewise.

Even though I don't have a drop of Irish blood in my body I just love Irish music and out here in Southern California there is a band called THE FENIANS. Their specialty is Irish music even though they can do classic rock, a little Blue Grass and some great instrumental music of an era of the early 60's. They're from Orange County, California, but they now travel all over the country three or four months out of the year. Any of you like Irish music, these guys are your ticket. You listen to the and you become fans for life.

Picking one band is impossible for me, there's at least a dozen that could be in the discussion

Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Queen, The Eagles, Metallica, U2, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Aerosmith, Gun's n Roses, Nirvana

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;714085;
    Picking one band is impossible for me, there's at least a dozen that could be in the discussion

Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Queen, The Eagles, Metallica, U2, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Aerosmith, Gun's n Roses, Nirvana
    U2 and Nirvana :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;714085;

Great taste and mix of pop/rock styles.

I love all of them.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

The Strokes are good, The Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys, sort of indie rock stuff. As far as mainstream rock goes, the only one I really care much for is System of a Down now. Indie is really the only rock genre atm thats any good, it's not really much of a genre though, it's just mostly the stuff that would have been classified as alternative if alternative wasn't so mainstream, and still had some artistic value in it.

I also highly recommend The Eagles of Death Metal, The Von Bondies, The Vines and Cheeseburger for indie rock bands.

Major Leaguer

Whenever I think of 'alternative' I think of bands like Sense Field, Seaweed, and Quicksand. But I guess you could group all of those bands into post-hardcore. Definitely for Quicksand at least, Walter Schreifels was in Gorilla Biscuits.

Eh, if it's not played on those mainstream stations, it's not really alt rock these days. Alt rock has evolved into not really being alternative at all anymore. It's just those bands who copy alt rock styles, except without the attitude. Nickelback, Staind, Creed, Puddle of Mudd, Godsmack, shit like that. Puddle of Mudd and Godsmack are so shameless, they rip off Nirvana and Alice In Chains horrendously. It's actually pretty hilarious how much Godsmack knocks AIC off.

Godsmack's logo:

AIC's logo:

Faceless by Godsmack

Facelift by AIC

"Love, Hate, Love" by AIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zj3Yfbk6o

"Love, Hate, Sex, Pain" by Godsmack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObYj0Zmfbpo

Did anyone else laugh, how about when you consider the Godsmack lead singer claims that their band's name was not named after the AIC record "Godsmack".

So did they rip AIC off, or did they rip AIC off?

Beatles are my numero uno (as I posted earlier). But also LOVE, Billy Joel, Foo Fighters, Prince, Stones, Elton John, Talking Heads, Bruce Springsteen (earlier stuff), Bonnie Raitt, Ben Folds Five, Dave Matthews.

Dave Grohl's voice, makes me melt.

What's odd is he's a better vocalist and guitarist than his old band leader, Kurt Cobain, but Kurt gets top 10 on like every guitarist list ever, even though he's absolutely terrible at playing guitar. I love Nirvana, and Kurt is a legend, but he should be given props for what he's actually good at. Dave Grohl could never in a million years write as incredible lyrics as Kurt, even if he has passed him up on other talents.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;714155;
    What's odd is he's a better vocalist and guitarist than his old band leader, Kurt Cobain, but Kurt gets top 10 on like every guitarist list ever, even though he's absolutely terrible at playing guitar. I love Nirvana, and Kurt is a legend, but he should be given props for what he's actually good at. Dave Grohl could never in a million years write as incredible lyrics as Kurt, even if he has passed him up on other talents.
    Yeah, Kurt wasn't the best guitar player at all. Iconic, yes, but not as skilled as others. What made his lyrics so unique was his distorted and unique way of looking at things.

Major Leaguer

It's been a while since I've heard the name Puddle of Mudd hahaha.