Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 9/14 vs TOR (Day Game)

Re: 9/14 vs TOR (Day Game)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;694723;
    The sold out streak isn't even a legit arguement in this case. Come on.

Put Theo in any other organization than Sox or Yankees and he'd be a bust. The man is overrated as a GM, outside of his drafting, and drafting is a crapshoot anyway.
    Exactly.

EDIT A bunch of financial metrics which are supported with a logistic transactions are considered in order to calculate the EBITDA/Profit; every organization has a unique financial model in order to calculate their metrics. Revenue via tickets is just one in dozens of them.

That being said, his argument is very poor and limited.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;694702;
    Come on man. Can you guys talk about this later? It's annoying as hell when you comment on a different GT during a game.
    I'm cool man but he defamed me and called me ignorant with crappy arguments.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;694723;
    The sold out streak isn't even a legit arguement in this case. Come on.

Put Theo in any other organization than Sox or Yankees and he'd be a bust. The man is overrated as a GM, outside of his drafting, and drafting is a crapshoot anyway.
    Theo Epstein is the reason for the success of the organization. We so quickly forget that he was the one who got this team David Ortiz, Curt Schilling, Kevin Millar, and won the first world series for this team in nearly a century. He has drafted what is very possibly the best core of players in baseball, and won another world series with them.

Theo Epstein is the reason why Fenway has been sold out for years. Theo Epstein's success is the reason iortiz feels so fucking entitled to another World Series.

Can someone please lock this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;694832;
    Theo Epstein is the reason for the success of the organization. We so quickly forget that he was the one who got this team David Ortiz, Curt Schilling, Kevin Millar, and won the first world series for this team in nearly a century. He has drafted what is very possibly the best core of players in baseball, and won another world series with them.

Theo Epstein is the reason why Fenway has been sold out for years. Theo Epstein's success is the reason iortiz feels so fucking entitled to another World Series.
    When you have a budget like the Red Sox has, the minimum result expected is Championships and Revenue/Profit, period. If you no longer deliver that, you have to go. No hard-feelings, this is business. As simple as that.

As I said, his cycle has finished, but that's me, I already rest my case. Nevertheless, if JH thinks that he is still profitable (again, I ignore minimal expected Theo's KPIs) despite his poor management, he will continue, otherwise he will go.

Oh my God.

Stop talking on this board, seriously. Please, Mods, please lock this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;694844;
    When you have a budget like the Red Sox has, the minimum result expected is Championships and Revenue/Profit, period. If you no longer deliver that, you have to go. No hard-feelings, this is business. As simple as that.

As I said, his cycle has finished, but that's me, I already rest my case. Nevertheless, if JH thinks that he is still profitable (again, I ignore minimal expected Theo's KPIs) despite his poor management, he will continue, otherwise he will go.
    Give me one piece of hard evidence that the Red Sox aren't making big profits. One. That's all I ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;694845;
    Oh my God.

Stop talking on this board, seriously. Please, Mods, please lock this thread.
    No mods out here right now :angry::dunno:

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;694846;
    Give me one piece of hard evidence that the Red Sox aren't making big profits. One. That's all I ask for.
    I never said whether they were profitable or not, SINCE I DON'T HAVE THEIR DAMN FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. NOBODY HAS. WHICH PART YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND? COMPRENDE?

Therefore say "They are profitable" or "They are not profitable" is an empty argument.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;694849;
    I never said whether they were profitable or not, SINCE I DON'T HAVE THEIR DAMN FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. NOBODY HAS. WHICH PART YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND? COMPRENDE?
    Go back and read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;694853;
    Go back and read your post.
    Nope, since I never said that. I told you early, quote me where I said that.

... And I already quoted you when you say," The Red Sox are damn profitable".

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;694696;
    Fenway park has been sold out how many years with Theo? The Red Sox have been incredibly profitable with him at the helm. Case closed.
    This^^

Again, Poor Argument.