Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Congratulations Tim Wakefield

Congratulations Tim Wakefield

It sure took you long enough, old man!:lol:

A great accomplishment for a wicked classy guy.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Re: Congratulations Tim Wakefield

Funny thing. I had tickets to this game but could not make it. I sold them on Stub Hub. I still have the hard copy tickets.:lol:
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'm glad it happened. I love this guy. One of my idols. If only he could of gotten the all time Red Sox win record

Congratulations to Tim Wakefield. I'm glad he finally got it and I hope the team honors him properly, he deserves it for all the years he's given us.

Way to go Timmy!!

I wish I could have been there. I'd been trying to get home-Wakefield starts for a while, but I only caught one, and it happened to be won in a walkoff. Either way, great job Timmy, hopefully you can get back on track to those high 4 ERA and 6IP starts.

Legend

Wake--it looks like you gained about 20 lbs this year. I think you hung around a year or two too long, but who wouldn't for the money you guys get. Good luck in the future--settle back, watch MLB.com and relax.

You know, I think it noteworthy that few people here seem to understand what Wakefield has meant to this team over the years. I don't mean to be sentimental about his career, nor do I want to be seen as critical of anyone on this board. Just think about it though. He is, essentially, a .500 pitcher that has won two hundred games. He's not Tom Seaver or Sandy Kaufax, but he has had a very serviceable and lengthy career. He's throws junk. He's a knuckleballer. They tend to either totally baffle hitters or just get fucked shelled.

He has always been a great team mate and a very good citizen in his communities. Not HOF material, but not someone that will be forgotten either.

I will step down from my soapbox now. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Very well stated, Spudboy. My sentiments, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;694324;
    You know, I think it noteworthy that few people here seem to understand what Wakefield has meant to this team over the years. I don't mean to be sentimental about his career, nor do I want to be seen as critical of anyone on this board. Just think about it though. He is, essentially, a .500 pitcher that has won two hundred games. He's not Tom Seaver or Sandy Kaufax, but he has had a very serviceable and lengthy career. He's throws junk. He's a knuckleballer. They tend to either totally baffle hitters or just get fucked shelled.

He has always been a great team mate and a very good citizen in his communities. Not HOF material, but not someone that will be forgotten either.

I will step down from my soapbox now. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
    Excellent post.

Congrats! I blew up with excitement when I heard it!
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone