• Send Wakefield to the Showers with a 6-5 lead after 5 innings

8 66.67%
  • Send Wakefield out for another inning because he's settled down

4 33.33%
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: 9/13 vs TOR

Re: 9/13 vs TOR

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;694224;
    After seeing Tazawa and DiceK, yes. A memo to the entire country will be perfect.
    :lol:

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;694207;
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

Really? When the Sox are up 18-5?

Could have posted your concerns in a different thread.
    Somebody mentioned Conor Jackson.:lol:

I think some of you guys are hooked on lopsided games.

FINALLY!

Sox win. And Timmy gets number 200!

LOVE IT! AND I LOVE THIS TEAM!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good day all around for the Sox.

TIMMAY!!!

WTG, old man!
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Sooooooo.......now we get wait for Tim Wakefield's 193rd win in a Red Sox uniform. Right? Right? Hey guys, put those knives down!

Damn, 18 runs. This could very well be the start of a nice winning streak. I know we're scuffling, but there is nothing that says this team can't make the playoffs and go all the way once they get there. Far shittier teams than the 2011 Red Sox have limped into the postseason and gone all the way to win the series. Sure it isn't guaranteed to happen, it never is, but you gotta believe.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;694277;
    Damn, 18 runs. This could very well be the start of a nice winning streak. I know we're scuffling, but there is nothing that says this team can't make the playoffs and go all the way once they get there. Far shittier teams than the 2011 Red Sox have limped into the postseason and gone all the way to win the series. Sure it isn't guaranteed to happen, it never is, but you gotta believe.
    Jeesh!! Take this back. Why would you say something like this?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;694189;
    I heard that Dipre proposed after you made him a breakfast of potatos and eggs.
    You got it wrong. Where do these rumors start? I was not dating Heidi Whatney, I just know her.

No, It was not potatoes and eggs, it was chorizo and eggs. 4Gr of carbs. Geesh.

And he did not ask me to marry him, he merely said that I cook better than his Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;694194;
    Good for you man! Wish you the best! :thumbsup:
    Gracias Brother. I have my hands full, though!!!:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;694216;
    I'm sorry. Can someone tell Japan their hair looks retarded?
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;694277;
    Interesting you should say this. There is an article by Jayson Stark of ESPN out right now (link here) where he discusses this. I'll just quote some of the major stuff, it's a long article but interesting as well.

Stop us if you've heard this line before:

In October, it isn't the best team that wins the World Series. It's the hottest team.

Well, if that's true, it sure would be a great time to have 100 bucks plunked down in Vegas on those Detroit Tigers about now. But IS it true?

• Since the dawn of the wild-card era, 14 postseason-bound teams have finished a season by playing at least .700 baseball (28-12 or better) over their last 40 games. Exactly one of them -- the 2004 Red Sox (28-12) -- wound up winning the World Series. But five of them lost in the first round. And of the 27 postseason series those teams ended up playing, they barely won more series (14) than they lost (13).

• Meanwhile, 22 postseason-bound teams in the same era have finished a season by playing at least .700 baseball (21-9 or better) over their final 30 games. Just two of those 22 went on to win the World Series -- the 2002 Angels (21-9) and 2003 Marlins (21-9). But eight of them lost in the first round. And those teams went just 21-20 in their 41 postseason series.

• On the other hand, seven teams stumbled into the postseason after playing sub-.500 baseball in their final 40 games. You'd think that would be a formula for disaster, right? Guess again. There were more World Series won by those teams (two) than by teams that played .700 baseball over the same stretch. The two sub-.500 teams that won it all: The 2000 Yankees (19-21) and 2006 Cardinals (18-22). And the overall record of those bumblers and stumblers in their 16 series (11-5) was also better than the record of those "hot" teams.

So whaddaya know. Turns out it ISN'T better to be hot than good. But for the Tigers, that's actually not as bad news as it might appear.
    I thought that was very very interesting. And it applies to this September really well, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Interesting. I'm sure there are some relevant factors on that one though. The teams with the best records often rest their starters, and lose more games because of that. It is also teams fighting for last playoff spots who streak late in the season, who are borderline playoff teams anyway. Plus, streaking late can probably causes a bit of fatigue too.