Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Jenks out for the yr

Re: Bobby Jenks out for the yr

Seriously, is he one of the biggest mistakes of the FOs ever?

Ozzy is LOL, and saying "told you Theo, but you insisted"
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;694136;
    Seriously, is he one of the biggest mistakes of the FOs ever?

Ozzy is LOL, and saying "told you Theo, but you insisted"
    He sucked obviously, but due to cost/length/expectations, he's nowhere near the worst we've seen in the last few years.

All-Star

from ESPN
    Meanwhile, Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks, who was recently diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, which occurs when the main artery of lung or one of its braches becomes blocked, said he will have back surgery once the clots go away.

"That whole thing is I've got two little growths that are coming off my spine, like two little hooks that have caused damage to my ligament just so much over the years that it's actually calcified the ligament and is now causing nerve damage going into the left side, like underneath my scapula," he said. "That's why we thought for so long that it was muscle but it was actually all the nerves that are being locked down from the calcified tendon."
    Gross, but what a crazy condition. Apparently the surgery is simple.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;694139;
    He sucked obviously, but due to cost/length/expectations, he's nowhere near the worst we've seen in the last few years.
    Wow, he signed for 2/12, right? and has pitched 15.2 innings through 19 games? (regardless he belongs to the 2011 6.X ERA club but as a reliever and with a -0.4WAR in that period).

If he is not arguably even close to be one of the worst mistakes of this FOs, I should feel better about this case, but my hypothesis then confirms that this FO really sucks and very hard at the FA. 12 Million Dollars vanished just like that and not even close to be one biggest mistakes of this FO, huh?...It makes me wonder in which place this trade is ranked in that list :lol:

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

All-Star

A blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;695549;
    Wow, he signed for 2/12, right? and has pitched 15.2 innings through 19 games? (regardless he belongs to the 2011 6.X ERA club but as a reliever and with a -0.4WAR in that period).

If he is not arguably even close to be one of the worst mistakes of this FOs, I should feel better about this case, but my hypothesis then confirms that this FO really sucks and very hard at the FA. 12 Million Dollars vanished just like that and not even close to be one biggest mistakes of this FO, huh?...It makes me wonder in which place this trade is ranked in that list :lol:
    They've had bigger signings, that were slotted to have bigger roles on the team, that busted just as bad. Clement, Renteria, Lugo, Lackey, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;695552;
    They've had bigger signings, that were slotted to have bigger roles on the team, that busted just as bad. Clement, Renteria, Lugo, Lackey, etc.
    I see. The balance seems to be unfavorable to this FO at the FA at least recent years.