Register now to remove this ad

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: 8/31 vs. Yankees

Re: 8/31 vs. Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport;691290;
    Ellsbury is having an unusual season. So is Papi and Granderson. Any connection?

Maybe HGH?, since it's not tested for in MLB (only the minors).

HGH is great stuff. Non-steroid. Made naturally by the body. You make less of it as you get older, and a lot of very rich people have traditionally used it to slow the aging process. The natural stuff is expensive.

I take supplements to increase my HGH, with a positive effect--builds up your upper body and makes you look a bit younger (less wrinkles, gray hair). No negative long term effects I'm aware of.

MLB should legalize the stuff. All players should use it. It's like instant replay. Use the technology when it becomes available to improve the product.
    Do you get this at an anti-aging clinic?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

and if used to excess, which almost all these body building drugs are eventually used to, it can cause acromegaly, which can be fatal. Your body slows in producing it as you get older because you arent growing anymore. It's a regenerative hormone, but in excess, it will start the growing process again. The problem is, since your bones are fused, you wont grow in height, but all your internal organs start to grow and your bones start to grow out and you look disfigured. Most people with acromegaly die of cardiac abnormalities
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;691292;
    and if used to excess, which almost all these body building drugs are eventually used to, it can cause acromegaly, which can be fatal. Your body slows in producing it as you get older because you arent growing anymore. It's a regenerative hormone, but in excess, it will start the growing process again. The problem is, since your bones are fused, you wont grow in height, but all your internal organs start to grow and your bones start to grow out and you look disfigured. Most people with acromegaly die of cardiac abnormalities
    But my hair won't go gray.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;691291;
    Do you get this at an anti-aging clinic?

no. genf20plus. over the counter. the stuff works. using it for 6 months.
    no miracles. just improvements.

No implications meant for Ells and the other players, by the way.
    I have no doubt ballplayers take supplements--probably expensive ones not widely available. They have to, playing almost every day.

I've come around to thinking everything should be allowed as long as it doesn't harm you
    with side effects. That would exclude steroids. If records get broken, so what. Players are bigger and stronger these days--it's inevitable.

The way I see it, if steroids are really that much of an advantage, Manny Alexander and Jason Grimsley would be HOF worthy.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Deity

Give me a break.Now everyone is assuming things.I think MLB has doned an ok job with drug testing.Notice u dont see players hitting 50 hrs per year now.Players will get 30 hrs per year.Ellsbury has pop on his bat.

Flynn where is today's GT? Line ups are out a little early

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;691305;
    Flynn where is today's GT? Line ups are out a little early
    I'll get there. Been busy with other stuff.
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone

Damn, VA complains about the GT not being up and when it's up, she doesn't post the lineups. :lol:

EDIT- WOW, I'm slow. I didn't see she posted them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;691249;
    Nah, talksox is annoying to post in game threads. I was initially going to tell Jacko to eat a dick but watching him go night night after he knows we got this in the bag is just as good. The posters won't change so I refuse to post. I like guys like you, a700, BPEF, Forsyth, VA, Paladios etc. But there are a lot of morons and I rather not confront them. Maybe playoffs I'll post again but I'm not planning on posting for a while. It's a shame what this site has went to.
    I was wondering where the hell he went. Shit. Hope he changes his mind. So many GT's this season have been annoying and excruciating. You'd think we were in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;691249;
    Nah, talksox is annoying to post in game threads. I was initially going to tell Jacko to eat a dick but watching him go night night after he knows we got this in the bag is just as good. The posters won't change so I refuse to post. I like guys like you, a700, BPEF, Forsyth, VA, Paladios etc. But there are a lot of morons and I rather not confront them. Maybe playoffs I'll post again but I'm not planning on posting for a while. It's a shame what this site has went to.
    The game threads haven't been good for like over a year. This year has sucked, all the game threads are people spamming complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;691941;
    The game threads haven't been good for like over a year. This year has sucked, all the game threads are people spamming complaints.
    Exactly.

I think it was actually far worse last year when there wasn't much of the team left standing. It felt like all of the more optimistic people sort of factioned off into our own conversations and let the rest complain. Maybe we should do that again.

Posting to keep GT's in order