Register now to remove this ad

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 8/30 vs Yankees

Re: 8/30 vs Yankees

We'll get em tomorrow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;690818;
    You are obviously pretty young
    I'm not an idiot, I'm just too lazy to bother looking it up elsewhere. I know the zone's been generous but not if it's that horrible. And the man is overrated, at least in the sense that he isn't the almighty and the immortal that some people seem to think.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;690806;
    Yes, but can you cite the specifics of my post?

The Rivera stikezone makes Maddux blush.
    There's no denying that Mo usually gets a huge strike zone, and tonight was no exception. But I think the umpire was consistently calling pitches strikes that were off the outer edge against lefties.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;690830;
    There's no denying that Mo usually gets a huge strike zone, and tonight was no exception. But I think the umpire was consistently calling pitches strikes that were off the outer edge against lefties.
    No offense, but given the acknowledgement in your first sentence, ie that it is a trend that exists in MLB, is the second sentence at any way necessary? My point is, if we can all admit that Rivera gets one of the more generous "veteran" strikezones in the game, what does it matter what the ump has called throughout the game? He tends to get those strikes regardless of the umpiring trends in a given game, so I don't feel it's any less a travesty when the ump has been generous on the corners for the other, less "iconic", pitchers in the game.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;690831;
    No offense, but given the acknowledgement in your first sentence, ie that it is a trend that exists in MLB, is the second sentence at any way necessary? My point is, if we can all admit that Rivera gets one of the more generous "veteran" strikezones in the game, what does it matter what the ump has called throughout the game? He tends to get those strikes regardless of the umpiring trends in a given game, so I don't feel it's any less a travesty when the ump has been generous on the corners for the other, less "iconic", pitchers in the game.

But that's just me.
    I think it is necessary, because my main point is really about this game. Let me ask you this. Considering the fact that all pitchers have gotten that the pitch off the outer edge against lefties for the first 8.5 innings, do you think Mo should get it in the ninth? If the answer is yes, then I don't think people really have a complaint about tonight's game (although overall complaints still stand). If the answer is no, then we just disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;690328;
    MVP my ass. Sexy inning by Lackey right there.
    did that game really matter.. who cares if boston wins first or second in the al east.. there still gona be in the playoffs and win the ws.. yanks are done pitching is at its worst and the rangers hav there number

Hopefully this game lit a fire under the Red Sox ass.... Same thing happened last series when the Yanks beat us in game one... Sox came out and dominated the next 2. Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow. Didnt get to see the game tonight, only the highlights. Was surprised to see the Sox struggle so bad offensively Oh well one game I guess.

Lackey has allowed 4 runs or more in 6 of his last 7 seven starts..

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44;690842;
    Theo and Cashman should watch the movie Strangers on the Train and crisscross with Lackey and Burnett.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;690822;
    I'm not an idiot, I'm just too lazy to bother looking it up elsewhere. I know the zone's been generous but not if it's that horrible. And the man is overrated, at least in the sense that he isn't the almighty and the immortal that some people seem to think.
    Yep, you're very young
    Hal sucks

Legend

Tough to win starting Wake or Lackey against the other teams ace. Even though they had hit CC pretty well before tonite.
    As a rule, you can't expect your #4 or 5 starter to match up against a #1 starter.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44;690842;
    Funny, that Globe sports editor seems to have Lackey pinned at #3. Only Chad Finn takes exception. Chad walks his own walk.

Two factors here: One is Lackey is making $15 mill, and he gets every chance to succeed.
    The other is Bedard is on the media's ***tlist for being nasty to them in the past.

The matchups are in our favor the next 2 nights. Hopefully, the offense will do its thing and give some good support to Beckett and Lester.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Only caught highlights of this one. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't expect Lackey to beat Sabathia from the beginning. Games 2 and 3 should be fun.

Not surprised by the outcome. Pitching matchups look a lot better tonight and tomorrow. Tensions are already pretty high, but I don't think we're going to see a full-out brawl this series.