Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 8/27 Vs A's and Irene Game 2

Re: 8/27 Vs A's and Irene Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;690235;
    My friend text me that O'Reilly ripped a new one tonight for the power company - LIPA. Love him or hate him, the guy gets things done. I remember when he wouldn't let up on United Way or the Red Cross for not using everything they collected for the victims families. They tried to stonewall him, but eventually they gave into the pressure. Hopefully, he will embarrass the utility into getting my power on tomorrow.
    Are you talking about Bill O'Reilly? I fucking hate that guy.
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;690241;
    Are you talking about Bill O'Reilly? I fucking hate that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700
    ...Love him or hate him, the guy gets things done...
    VRRRROOOOOMMMMM!

Know what that was? That was the sound of his point going right over your head.

still no power
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;690250;
    VRRRROOOOOMMMMM!

I guess he thought i was taking a poll. :dunno::lol:
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;690250;
    VRRRROOOOOMMMMM!

Just trying to making conversation, no need to be a dick about it. I was just trying to make sure he was talking about Bill O' Reilly. And perhaps I disagree with his idea that the guy can be good for anything, like "getting things done"

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Two days without Red Sox baseball is just too long for me. I'm tempted to go see if I can find face value tickets to the game tonight.

My power (didn't lose it during the storm) randomly went out last night at 11pm but is supposed to be back on now. Going home for lunch to make sure.

Damn, looks like I got out lucky. We were supposed to get hit really hard but never did. We got all prepared and at worst it was just a lot of rain and wind. We lost a couple trees in the yard but not power, thank God or I would've gone insane.

Headed up to Boston tomorrow. First time up there since I was 13 (13 years ago). My wife and I both have job interviews on Thursday as well. Hopefully everything goes well and we can land up there somewhere, hit up a few more games!
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Good luck SFFS!
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth;690292;
    Headed up to Boston tomorrow. First time up there since I was 13 (13 years ago). My wife and I both have job interviews on Thursday as well. Hopefully everything goes well and we can land up there somewhere, hit up a few more games!
    Hope you have an incredible time.

Thanks fellas! I'm absolutely pumped up. I get to see Lester vs Burnett on Thursday, and then the Sunday afternoon game (hopefully Beckett vs the Rangers). :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

This is my rifle....

I think Beckett is scheduled to pitch the Wednesday game, meaning he'd be on 3-days rest on Sunday. ESPN is showing Bedard as the Sunday SP.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun;690276;
    Just trying to making conversation, no need to be a dick about it. I was just trying to make sure he was talking about Bill O' Reilly. And perhaps I disagree with his idea that the guy can be good for anything, like "getting things done"
    When somebody says, "Like him or hate him....", it can be paraphrased as, "[I don't care if you] Like him or hate him...."

Do you commonly respond with your opinion when people preface their comment with language that indicates they don't care what your opinion is?

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;690301;
    When somebody says, "Like him or hate him....", it can be paraphrased as, "[I don't care if you] Like him or hate him...."

Do you commonly respond with your opinion when people preface their comment with language that indicates they don't care what your opinion is?
    Eh, whatever. It isn't worth arguing over. Let's just drop it.