Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Ellsbury be back after his contract ends?

Hybrid View

All-Star

Will Ellsbury be back after his contract ends?

well, title says it all.

I hear people talking about how BoSox might not retain him after the acquisition of CC.

Think this could be true?

Re: Will Ellsbury be back after his contract ends?

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxbeatz;660595;
    well, title says it all.

I hear people talking about how BoSox might not retain him after the acquisition of CC.

Think this could be true?
    Let him walk with Papi and Papelbon if they want to be paid fair market value. To hell with them!! We can always pick up Mark Kotsay to play CF and Xavier Nady to DH. We should be able to get them below market value.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star

Mark Kotsay has negative WAR. He should be paying us for the privilege of playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Will617;660597;
    Mark Kotsay has negative WAR. He should be paying us for the privilege of playing for us.
    Yeah man, he was totally serious about that I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;660599;
    Did this give me away?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;660599;
    I know he was kidding, I just thought it was funny that (with a negative WAR) sabermetrically, Kotsay should be paying us to play him.
    I think the question is how much Ellsbury wants. If he wants a lot more than he's worth, I could see a scenario where Theo won't resign him. But I could see Ells sticking around for about $15-20 mil a year given his current/past production.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;660596;
    Let him walk with Papi and Papelbon if they want to be paid fair market value. To hell with them!! We can always pick up Mark Kotsay to play CF and Xavier Nady to DH. We should be able to get them below market value.
    I dont know if Kotsay will be available, I think the reason the Brewers cant re-sign Prince is because they are planning to break the bank for Kotsay to play 1B, he has an unbelievable amount of talent and I dont think the Brewers will let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44;660602;
    I dont know if Kotsay will be available, I think the reason the Brewers cant re-sign Prince is because they are planning to break the bank for Kotsay to play 1B, he has an unbelievable amount of talent and I dont think the Brewers will let him go.
    WOW ARE YOU SRS??? :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

I think Ellsbury will realize what a juggernaut of a team he is on and sign. I don't think he'll give a hometown discount, but I bet he'll put a strong effort into signing here, despite the garbage from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;660598;
    I think Ellsbury will realize what a juggernaut of a team he is on and sign. I don't think he'll give a hometown discount, but I bet he'll put a strong effort into signing here, despite the garbage from last year.
    Two words, Scott Boras. Ellsbury will go where the most money is. He's got 2011 and 2012, and I think he bolts. I think the Crawford and AdGon signings have made their wallets a little tight. BTW, he might end up making over $10 million in his last arb yr next season
    Hal sucks

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;660962;
    Two words, Scott Boras. Ellsbury will go where the most money is. He's got 2011 and 2012, and I think he bolts. I think the Crawford and AdGon signings have made their wallets a little tight. BTW, he might end up making over $10 million in his last arb yr next season
    This is his first arb year. They've got him through 2013.

I would bet that if they can't resign him for what they want, they'll probably prefer to get value from him while they can. If they were floating his name in trade rumors before, I can definitely see them trying to get some value from him at some point in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;660968;
    This is his first arb year. They've got him through 2013.
    Ah, you are right. I forgot his first season consisted of only 33 games
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;660962;
    Two words, Scott Boras. Ellsbury will go where the most money is. He's got 2011 and 2012, and I think he bolts.
    Agreed. Came in this thread to say the same thing. Jacoby made the answer pretty clear when he sacked his agent and hired Boras. He's going to go for the biggest offer and I have serious doubts that the Boston Red Sox will be the team he ends up with.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;661408;
    Agreed. Came in this thread to say the same thing. Jacoby made the answer pretty clear when he sacked his agent and hired Boras. He's going to go for the biggest offer and I have serious doubts that the Boston Red Sox will be the team he ends up with.
    The Red Sox are one of the few teams in baseball that can come up with the biggest offer for the players they want.

Personally, I'd rather the Sox take a run at Matt Kemp.