Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Ellsbury be back after his contract ends?

Re: Will Ellsbury be back after his contract ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch;660654;
    Peter Gammons said the same thing a few weeks back during one of the games. I guess he's a simpleton as well.
    Are you lifting arguments from Peter Gammons? Eh, he's not the best guy to lift from, I'll just say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji;660623;
    No, I refuse to believe you're this kind of simpleton.

Ellsbury's on base ability is just fine. Ideally sure you want the .400 OBP guy with blazing speed but look around the league. THat guy does not exist. Ellsbury's on base 35% of the time and that's above average in the leadoff spot. With everything else he's providing at the moment that's more than enough.
    That doesn't mean that Ellsbury couldn't work on it. His on-base skills are fine but not great. Of course, if he keeps hitting for average like he is this year (yes, he does have a high BABIP but he's also making much more solid contact) I don't really care if he never improves his walk rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Will617;660735;
    That doesn't mean that Ellsbury couldn't work on it. His on-base skills are fine but not great. Of course, if he keeps hitting for average like he is this year (yes, he does have a high BABIP but he's also making much more solid contact) I don't really care if he never improves his walk rate.
    The guy's got a .370 OBP this season, he's fine.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

He better.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

It would be nice if he agrees to an extension. But his agent is Boras and he's putting up some nice number this year. So I doubt talks will get anywhere.

The Sox should lock him up. I think it's important to keep homegrown players around as long as possible. It's good for the fans and it's not like he's too old or performing poorly. Not every hired gun fits in so trying to improve upon Ells would be a huge gamble. Even with Boras though, he won't be getting anywhere near $15-20mil per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Six4Three;660913;
    The Sox should lock him up. I think it's important to keep homegrown players around as long as possible. It's good for the fans and it's not like he's too old or performing poorly. Not every hired gun fits in so trying to improve upon Ells would be a huge gamble. Even with Boras though, he won't be getting anywhere near $15-20mil per year.
    lol

Ellsbury will get a huge payday if he continues to play something like this for the remainder of the season, considering 27 is when most players enter their prime, he could easily get 15 mil a year, he's one of the premier leadoff hitters in the majors.

That would give him just three full seasons played. The only player I can think of who received that big of a contract with so little experience was Pujols. 8years/$111mil. That averages under $14mil/year.

Ellsbury of course is no Pujols and won't come anywhere near that salary. More like 7 years/$75mil. That is, if the Red Sox believe he'll stay healthy.

Ellsbury is the type of player we need to keep---at least that's my opinion. The guy can hit over 300, he can steal upwards of 70 bases, has fair power for a leadoff man and has shown that he can hit left handed pitching. What's not to like? I think we have him locked in through the 2013 season so there is no need to panic yet, but we ought to consider locking him up long term. A guy who can hit well with that kind of speed is in short supply. I would like to see him in our lineup for the next ten years.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTT SEABEACH IS BACK??????????

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

seabeach.....what team do you root for now????

Wait a minute, could it be.............could it be that six4three and seabeach are the same person????

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chin Music----Decided to check back in and see what gives on this particular board. I think I was suspended a couple of years back. Things got out of hand and some of it was my fault. Yes, I am a rabid Red Sox fan as you could check for yourself on three other boards.

Actually, I'm trying to find out if what I see on the other three boards I post on (Sawxheads is my main one) is pretty much what goes on here. As far as the team is concerned I still haven't a real clue as which Red Sox team is the legitimate one--the fraud of the first 12 games or what we've seen lately.

Anyway I'm back and hopefully this time around it will be tranquil and informative.

Lol fair weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;660598;
    I think Ellsbury will realize what a juggernaut of a team he is on and sign. I don't think he'll give a hometown discount, but I bet he'll put a strong effort into signing here, despite the garbage from last year.
    Two words, Scott Boras. Ellsbury will go where the most money is. He's got 2011 and 2012, and I think he bolts. I think the Crawford and AdGon signings have made their wallets a little tight. BTW, he might end up making over $10 million in his last arb yr next season
    Hal sucks

Also, if Ellsbury shows that his power this yr is no fluke and puts up 15-20HR for 2011 and 2012, he might be looking at a Crawford-esque payday
    Hal sucks