Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Recommend me Restaurants/Bars etc.

Double A

Recommend me Restaurants/Bars etc.

I am a long time member here, and am on here every day, just always been more of a lurker than a poster. Anyways, my wife and I are flying into Boston in a couple weeks, staying for 3 nights and going to the game on the 17th (2 rows from the field, can’t wait). I’ve been to Fenway a few times before, but that was a couple of years ago when I lived in New York, so we just drove up there. I haven’t actually stayed in Boston since I was a kid. I was looking for any recommendations people have for places to go, restaurants to eat at, bars to go to. We are staying at the Hyatt downtown. I’ve been trying to do some research online, but every site has a different “Best Chowder” or “Best Bar” or whatever, so wanted to get some opinions on here.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Recommend me Restaurants/Bars etc.

Depends what you're looking for really. General deliciousness? Seafood? What price range?

I would absolutely check out the following restaurants:

1) Russel House Tavern in Harvard Square - make a reservation
    2) Island Creek Oyster Bar - Right in Kenmore square, probably the most popular restaurant in the city right now, make a reservation now if you want to go on a weekend, especially if the sox are playing. Eastern Standard next door is also good for drinks/food

The Hyatt is in an interesting spot. I love Chinatown, which is right next door, so I would definitely get some dim sum on a Saturday or Sunday if you're into that.

This is my rifle....

Dim sum?

Is that arithmetic done by a person who is not very "bright"?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Jillians. Get the turkey and brie with apple butter sandwich. You won't regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;656285;
    Dim sum?

Is that arithmetic done by a person who is not very "bright"?
    Delicious Chinese dumplings/small dishes served from push carts in a huge room. It's definitely an experience.