Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Norway

Single A

Hello from Norway

Cheers everyone!

I became a Red Sox fan mostly because my older brother (RIP) was a big fan. I read and watched some of the history, and decided this should be my team! Started watching (and even playing) baseball in the late 80's when baseball and the other big sports in the states was available on tv for most people in Norway. However, I've been most interested in footie (soccer) and have not watched much baseball since the 90's as they stopped showing it on television. This year I got myself a proper internet at home and decided to get MLB.TV and it's fantastic to have the opportunity to watch baseball everyday! :thumbsup:

There's a lot of things for me to get into this season, I know the rules of the game, but so many players, statistics etc. but it gets more exciting the more I learn. Dissapointing start of the season for Red Sox, but I'm positive and think it will get better and better

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Re: Hello from Norway

It's pretty Swede to have someone from Scandinavia here on TalkSox. As soon as you Finnish your introduction, I suggest heading to the gamethreads. It's the best place for us to evaluate your posting style, Denmark you down as a good member or not.

There's Norway you're going to regret joining Talksox.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Also, welcome.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Welcome.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;630715;
    It's pretty Swede to have someone from Scandinavia here on TalkSox. As soon as you Finnish your introduction, I suggest heading to the gamethreads. It's the best place for us to evaluate your posting style, Denmark you down as a good member or not.

Painful, but impressive.

Anyway welcome mate.

Welcome to the Rogue State of Red Sox Nation.

Welcome!
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

:lol: How long did this take you to type

And welcome

Welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;631013;
    :lol: How long did this take you to type

And welcome
    A minute or so. I'm pretty good with puns. :lol:

Lol, this is awesome.

I'm part Norwegian, but so is every other Minnesotan. Welcome to talksox.

Welcome

Single A

Thanx for the warm and creative welcome

I see todays match starts early so I get to watch it before i go to work (better than watching the re-run when I get home around 7am). I hope to be active in the game threads with some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;631028;
    Lol, this is awesome.

I'm part Norwegian, but so is every other Minnesotan. Welcome to talksox.
    I honestly think that you get a little Norwegian put into you by crossing the border of Minnesota
    Hal sucks

Single A

Have you ever been in Norway, Emmz?

you can come and feed the polar bears