Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl, 16, Dies after Bull Riding Accident

Re: Girl, 16, Dies after Bull Riding Accident

Yeah, if you're Rosie O'Donnell. In which case, no one would care if you got hurt anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Are you implying Rosie O'Donnell can't drive?

I'm implying a bull would have a hard time supporting the weight that is Rosie O'Donnell.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

I thought you were implying that Rosie O'Donnell is a bull.

All of these are valid observations.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;614444;
    Well I guess but I don't see how parents can allow them to do something dangerous like that.
    I've seen 5 yr olds in the ER with shotgun injuries on their first "hunting" trip. Parents do some strange things. It is America, we can raise our kids how we want to and unfortunately, that sometimes means putting them in harms way.

Jacko providing the voice of reason. What is this world coming to?

There should be limits (and there are) of what parents are allowed to let their children do, but riding bulls, going hunting, et cetera, should not be included. I doubt her parents told her 'it's totall safe and there is no chance of being injured'. Everyone involved knew the risks.

It's sad that this girl died. She looks pretty hot, I would have liked to gore her and kick her in the chest myself.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Obviously she knew there was always a chance she a could be injured, but do you think her parents told her "Sweety, you could be killed at any moment doing this", Parents are supposed to protect there children from harm, not put them in harms way.

Did anyone see the story they did on HBO’s "Real Sports? " Bull riders suffer one "significant injury" for every 15 events. The bull rider they interviewed listed his injures which included several concussions, 11 surgeries, broken wrists, collar bones, legs, arms, numerous ribs, and several fractures to his face when a bull stomped on his nose. (I don’t remember all of them, but it rivaled the injuries of Evil Kenevil.

Replace the bull with a girl and that sounds like one hell of an evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;614530;
    Obviously she knew there was always a chance she a could be injured, but do you think her parents told her "Sweety, you could be killed at any moment doing this", Parents are supposed to protect there children from harm, not put them in harms way.

Did anyone see the story they did on HBO’s "Real Sports? " Bull riders suffer one "significant injury" for every 15 events. The bull rider they interviewed listed his injures which included several concussions, 11 surgeries, broken wrists, collar bones, legs, arms, numerous ribs, and several fractures to his face when a bull stomped on his nose. (I don’t remember all of them, but it rivaled the injuries of Evil Kenevil.
    Yeah, except for then you have to remember, you're putting your child in harms way with pretty much everything. Maybe high school football should be banned too, because you can suffer any number of serious injuries, including death.

Using one person's death as a platform to take away freedoms is how you end up with ass holes who try to ban under-18 hunting, under-18 driving, among other things. You're going to lose a few here and there, just like with pretty much anything that's fun. Suck the fun out of life, there are consequences for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;614459;
    I disagree, If there was as many kids riding bull as driving in cars , more would die from bull riding.
    Every teenager wants and will get a driver's license (with a few exceptions, of course). A small minority of the teenage population have the desire, skills, guts it takes to participate in bull riding.

I love how the only time these topics come up are after the worst has happened.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;614459;
    I disagree, If there was as many kids riding bull as driving in cars , more would die from bull riding.
    You still need to compare death rates as percentages of participants. You dismissed that idea, but we do it all the time to determine the relative risks in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;614540;

Using one person's death as a platform to take away freedoms is how you end up with ass holes who try to ban under-18 hunting, under-18 driving, among other things. You're going to lose a few here and there, just like with pretty much anything that's fun. Suck the fun out of life, there are consequences for that too.
    They say that it often takes a tragedy for people to finally realize things that they would not have realized if not for tragedy. We don’t necessarily want our life to unfold that way, but it does. It’s just part of being human. Your life has to flash before your eyes to realize how good it is. You have to escape death by the skin of your teeth to realize how much you want to live. You have to lose someone for eternity to realize what’s truly important in this life.

At Westgate River Ranch, Mason doesn't let underage bull riders in his arena unless they belong to a rodeo association.

Mason said he turned away Miss Coats a few weeks ago when she came with her parents because he didn't feel comfortable having a teenage girl riding bulls.

"If you ride bulls, you're going to get hurt," Mason said. "It just depends on when and how bad."

Many rodeo events are judged separately by gender. Some, such as barrel racing, are solely women's competitions. But short of events sanctioned by the Women's Professional Rodeo Association, most rodeos don't let girls compete in bull riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;614621;
    They say that it often takes a tragedy for people to finally realize things that they would not have realized if not for tragedy. We don’t necessarily want our life to unfold that way, but it does. It’s just part of being human. Your life has to flash before your eyes to realize how good it is. You have to escape death by the skin of your teeth to realize how much you want to live. You have to lose someone for eternity to realize what’s truly important in this life.
    You missed the point entirely, I'll leave you to think about that one. I'd like you to please find the statistics on human deaths that are caused by animals, and find how many are caused by bulls. I'll bet it's a very small number.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;614514;
    Are you implying Rosie O'Donnell can't drive?

Ha! I'm surprised that I missed this post in addition to the fact that everyone else that saw it missed the Family Guy reference. Props.