Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2011 Fantasy Baseball League

Re: OFFICIAL 2011 Fantasy Baseball League

All right, let the trade talk begin. I've got a lot of pitching. Hudson, Zambrano, Jackson, Chacin, and Garza are all on the table.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Major Leaguer

GARZA. Let's talk

DD, PM me your proposal.
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

I also have a surplus of talent at 2B in Beckham, Raburn (OF and 2B eligibility), and Nishioka (2B and SS eligibility). I'm looking for a catcher.

Major Leaguer

Catchers are hard to come by.

Rule of fantasy baseball.... ya got Mauer... err ya don't

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDog;619044;
    Catchers are hard to come by.

Rule of fantasy baseball.... ya got Mauer... err ya don't
    I got V-mart

You are all going down.

Holliday out indefinitely because of an appendectomy

This is my rifle....

I took some risk in drafting and making post-draft substitutions for my lineup, but early on (ST performance and Opening Day) it's looking like it will be a monster.

If you couldn't already tell from looking at my roster, I've totally punted the SV category - using SP/RP eligible players who will be starting primarily in the RP slots - in an attempt to pick up more QS and K's (a two for one tradeoff). We'll see how that goes.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

And to think you wanted to punch me in the face when i said Sizemore was an injury risk.
    WAR is good for something.

This is my rifle....

That's because I consider him more of a performance risk - due to coming back from injury - than a I do an injury risk. I'm not too worried about him being healthy this year, but I do have concern about how good he can be when he gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;621467;
    I took some risk in drafting and making post-draft substitutions for my lineup, but early on (ST performance and Opening Day) it's looking like it will be a monster.

If you couldn't already tell from looking at my roster, I've totally punted the SV category - using SP/RP eligible players who will be starting primarily in the RP slots - in an attempt to pick up more QS and K's (a two for one tradeoff). We'll see how that goes.

I don't know how well that will work with a six inning minimum requirement. Someone can load up on RP and set up guys and have a couple of quality starters. It would be pretty easy to lose 3 or 4 out of 5 points. But, we'll see.

Nice pickup of Brandon Belt, SFOC. I was planning on getting him off the WW myself, only I wasn't exactly sure who to drop for him. I may be kicking myself for my indecision by season's end.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape;621854;
    I don't know how well that will work with a six inning minimum requirement. Someone can load up on RP and set up guys and have a couple of quality starters. It would be pretty easy to lose 3 or 4 out of 5 points. But, we'll see.
    Three, maybe, but not likely on 4. Again, I'm a good bet to get QS and K via the volume of starts and innings my pitchers will pitch each week. A lot of RP are very unlikely to put up enough K's to beat a large group of starters. What will be up in the air is ERA & WHIP. A good week from an RP loaded roster will make those categories a challenge. However, a bad outing from an RP will make it difficult to wash them out as the volume of innings will be low, and a bad start by a SP on my end will be easier to come back from because I will have a high volume of IP.

There's definitely risk there, but there's good reasons for it to work out.

I've got a lot of pitching, and I know some of you could use more SP...