Register now to remove this ad

Thread: soccer at fenway

soccer at fenway

After the success of celtic fc's visit to fenway and the sudden interest in liverpool fc due to NESV's buy out

I think we'll see celtic vs liverpool at fenway next pre season, it's gotta happen

Re: soccer at fenway

I think there will be a bigger draw if Liverpool play someone like Real Madrid.
    However, the support for Celtic is big here, especially from the Irish crowd so it would be good to see it.
    Now that NESV own LFC I will be hoping they take the available NESN channel and use it.
    Showing games and doing a weekly or daily spot on the club.
    Also, there maybe an American pre-season tour in the future!!!

Fingers crossed.
    “At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques”. Bill Shankly

I was pushing for an exhibition against the local MLS squad, the New England Revolution. WOuldn't mind Celtic FC vs. LFC either. Maybe both can happen, the Rev game at their place and the CFC v. LFC at the Fens.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji;588299;
    I was pushing for an exhibition against the local MLS squad, the New England Revolution. WOuldn't mind Celtic FC vs. LFC either. Maybe both can happen, the Rev game at their place and the CFC v. LFC at the Fens.
    The Revs would be great seeing as Stevie Nicol is a former Red Legend.
    I will go to ANY place though to see my beloved Reds!
    “At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques”. Bill Shankly

OP is your beloved club called Celtic Soccer club?
    geez I wish people would stop calling it that!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2010;588738;
    OP is your beloved club called Celtic Soccer club?
    geez I wish people would stop calling it that!
    My beloved club is the world famous celtic football club

As this is an american forum I called it soccer as if you mention football to an american they will think you are talking about gridiron

Double A

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldcelt;588754;
    My beloved club is the world famous celtic football club

As this is an american forum I called it soccer as if you mention football to an american they will think you are talking about gridiron
    Technically soccer is an English word, from university students corrupting the name Association Football