Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Midseason ReDraft Finals: #2 YRTB vs #5 jasonbay44

Re: Midseason ReDraft Finals: #2 YRTB vs #5 jasonbay44

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;572807;
    I agree, and a lot of owners (posters) didn't pay attention to that. With that said, even considering that, I don't think that helps you that much.
    Maybe With Carlos Lee. I mean Strasburg is doing okay this year but still beat some of the better starters that was shown. Plus i wasn't talking about my team some people did it to other teams.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;572804;
    I don't care where you put my team. You could put my team on the DQ list. BTW i put you I just followed what i read on the original posting about this was a draft about the past few years and this year. Not just one Year.
    Well, it was based on good judgement, obviously Aubrey Huff isn't suddenly a star after one breakout year, but if a young player who has minimal MLB experience comes out and owns of course they are a smart draft choice. This is meant to simulate what you want on a real MLB team if you want to win now, so how they are playing right now is the most important thing. Last year matters as well, because if someone is putting up numbers that are unrealistic (based on the assumption that they haven't been good in the past) then their value isn't just based on this year. But this is the first real full year for both carlos gonzalez and Mat Latos, so why should that ruin their values?
    Join my MLB Midseason Draft on here! No fee to play

http://www.talksox.com/forum/contest...tml#post559234

Quote Originally Posted by yrtb;572812;
    Well, it was based on good judgement, obviously Aubrey Huff isn't suddenly a star after one breakout year, but if a young player who has minimal MLB experience comes out and owns of course they are a smart draft choice. This is meant to simulate what you want on a real MLB team if you want to win now, so how they are playing right now is the most important thing. Last year matters as well, because if someone is putting up numbers that are unrealistic (based on the assumption that they haven't been good in the past) then their value isn't just based on this year. But this is the first real full year for both carlos gonzalez and Mat Latos, so why should that ruin their values?
    They could be just having a really good year. Wait until scouting reports come out in full for them. Look At OKI.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by yrtb;572812;

I agree with this for the most part, EXCEPT, that if the person who's only had 1 year (albeit a good one) is matched up against someone who might not be as good, but has had 3 consistently good years, then I'd give the edge to the player who has a stronger sample size.

For example, I won't directly use the lack of experience against a player like Latos or Strasburg, but if they are against someone like Roy Oswalt (random player generated), then I'd go with Oswalt because of the good numbers for the previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;572814;
    I agree with this for the most part, EXCEPT, that if the person who's only had 1 year (albeit a good one) is matched up against someone who might not be as good, but has had 3 consistently good years, then I'd give the edge to the player who has a stronger sample size.

For example, I won't directly use the lack of experience against a player like Latos or Strasburg, but if they are against someone like Roy Oswalt (random player generated), then I'd go with Oswalt because of the good numbers for the previous years.
    i voted like this in a lot. Plus no one on here gives Kinsler any slack. he is one of the Better 2B in Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;572816;
    i voted like this in a lot. Plus no one on here gives Kinsler any slack. he is one of the Better 2B in Baseball.

I agree with you here. I built my team based on a lot of 2008/2009 stats. I think that ignoring 2008 and 2009 stats is just as bad as ignoring benches or dismissing discrepancies between 4-5 starters. A bad bench is a bad bench. Nobody should have a bad bench in a 10 team redraft league where 2 of the teams quit.

There are players that weren't drafted that would make better benches than some of the benches on a few teams.

i discounted players for not having much experience. I also think not playing on big market teams hurt. According to http://razzball.com/top-20-middle-re...tasy-baseball/ i had two of the best relievers in the game.

Major Leaguer

Kinsler is good, but the top 4 second baseman are Cano, Utley, Pedroia, and Phillips
    Join my MLB Midseason Draft on here! No fee to play

http://www.talksox.com/forum/contest...tml#post559234

Kinsler would be one of the best if every year he wouldn't get hurt. Most people don't see him play a lot but he is up there with the top three Cano, Utley, and Pedroia.

Plus Phillips numbers throw a red flag at me for some kind of PED. In 7 years in the Minors he has 67 HRS.
    In the first 3 years of the MLB he had 68 HRS. 102 HRS in 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;572828;
    Kinsler would be one of the best if every year he wouldn't get hurt. Most people don't see him play a lot but he is up there with the top three Cano, Utley, and Pedroia.

Plus Phillips numbers throw a red flag at me for some kind of PED. In 7 years in the Minors he has 67 HRS.
    In the first 3 years of the MLB he had 68 HRS. 102 HRS in 6 years.

I agree, but if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. In any event, it really doesn't matter since JBay (who has Kinsler) faced my team in the semis and (somehow) Ytrb's team in the finals, and our teams have Chase Utley and Robinson Cano respectively. So he could have thrown virtually anyone out there at 2B and he was going to lose that matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;572814;

Quote Originally Posted by yrtb;563218;
    For players who haven't played 2008 or 2009 it doesn't hurt their value. For them you just base it off how they have played so far and how well they are expected to play from now on
    This is why I have Strasburg as my #2, he doesn't have much experience yet he's easily the greatest pitching prospect in the last decade, and his potentional for the next 2 years is very high.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;572783;
    I find it funny that Suns went on a rampage for being shafted before I go to. I don't know about Suns, but I get absolutely f***** in this thing. I'm still pissed off, hell, I'm not even sure if I'm going to do the hot girl draft anymore. Judging by how bad some of the voting has been here, I can only imagine what s***** voting will go down in that tournament.

By my luck, my team will lose to a team with Sarah Jessica Parker on it because a few teenagers misunderstood the voting requirements.

And for the record, congratulations Ytrb. I think you should have won the tournament all along, although you should have beaten me in the finals.
    Nah, chill with that. Do the hot girl draft.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.