Register now to remove this ad

Page 353 of 527 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 7897

Thread: Official NFL thread

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Wonder if Brady with this ring could be considered the best QB ever.
    No. One of the best, certainly. Top three, almost definitely. Best? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I had the opportunity to watch Joe Montana and IMO he is the best QB Ive seen.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

I had the opportunity to watch Joe Montana and IMO he is the best QB Ive seen.
    i started watching football since 2001 and hence i cannot speak of the bradshaw era or montana.
    but if this comeback win cannot put him as likely the greatest QB then i dont know what would.

They were down 10 points and Brady gave them the lead with 2 mins left. All on defense now to stop the game, and it seemed like once again a catch out of nowhere would tarnish Brady's legacy.
    He could have and should have had another ring but i wont talk about that.

Lets face it. he has beaten all numbers and stats, and beat a team with the best defense in NFL.
    Hats off Tom Brady!! You are legend.

I keep seeing people saying "Joe Montana never lost a superbowl". It seems like a silly argument -- it isn't like he played 4 years and won rings all 4 years. He just lost in the early playoff rounds more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    I keep seeing people saying "Joe Montana never lost a superbowl". It seems like a silly argument -- it isn't like he played 4 years and won rings all 4 years. He just lost in the early playoff rounds more frequently.
    Agreed. Brady's 4-2 record is better than Joe's 4-0 record.

Montana was great, but he was also throwing to much better receivers and had a better running back the whole time he played in San Fran. The one year Brady had great receivers, he had one of the greatest seasons of all time. It's Brady and Montana as 1 and 1a. No one else is close.

All-Star
    When the Seahawks were lining up on that goaline play where Wilson threw the INT I was screaming for Belichick to call timeout to conserve time because I figured they would pound it in with Lynch, I am just glad that we stuck with Malcolm Butler in the preseason and he came through in a big way

Passing instead of running was possibly the stupidest decision I have ever seen. Not just in football, but ever. Someone checking to see if their gas tank is filled by using a lighter is a more nuanced and intelligent plan. Fuck you, Seahawks. Goddamnit.
    Fuck them is right Youk.......That was the worst call I can ever remember being made in a big football game. I might have forgot one or two others which might compare but right now none sticks out like this stinker. Then again, Carroll pulled shit like that early in that National Title game against Texas when he had his best runner on the bench and an inconsistent one in the game who failed to get those two yards. As much as I disliked Reggie Bush, you want him in there instead of Ladell what the hell his last name is.

To me, Joe Montana is the greatest quarterback of all time---and, yes, I expect some real disagreement on that one. Second to me is Johnny Unitis. Much as can't stand Brady and that phony smile and ridiculous sky cap he likes to wear, he certainly rates if not in the top three then certainly in the top five.

The main problem here is, Brady hasn't retired yet. Another SB win and a couple more seasons compiling stat and it's going to be real hard to deny his "no.1 all-time QB" argument.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    The main problem here is, Brady hasn't retired yet. Another SB win and a couple more seasons compiling stat and it's going to be real hard to deny his "no.1 all-time QB" argument.
    and to me even without that argument the 2 losses against giants were just plays that went their way when eli would throw a hail mary.
    there were chances of winning those games, but the defense couldnt close the door.
    this time they did.

I love how the "miracle catch" happened yet again yesterday but the D managed to pull through.
    We miss you Mike.

Wonder if Brady with this ring could be considered the best QB ever.

Best is in the eye of the beholder. If some commentator or friend or talking head says somebody is the best, who really cares. You decide who you think is the best that you've seen. Maybe Brady is the best of his time, but football changes from generation to generation. Other QBs like Manning, Bart Starr, Montana, Steve Young, Otto Graham, Johnny U, Van Brocklin, Marino all had their supporters in their time. But they all played under different circumstances and conditions so debating who is best is impossible unless you saw each play at their height, and even then, it's still just an opinion.

Anybody got any funny names for that pass play call by Seattle? Here's what I've come up with:

A Christmas Carroll
    Fleeced Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
    Best is in the eye of the beholder. If some commentator or friend or talking head says somebody is the best, who really cares. You decide who you think is the best that you've seen. Maybe Brady is the best of his time, but football changes from generation to generation. Other QBs like Manning, Bart Starr, Montana, Steve Young, Otto Graham, Johnny U, Van Brocklin, Marino all had their supporters in their time. But they all played under different circumstances and conditions so debating who is best is impossible unless you saw each play at their height, and even then, it's still just an opinion.
    I think you are right. Regardless the sport, it is about the generation. For example, in soccer u just can not compare Pele with Maradona or these two with Messi and Ronaldo. It wouldn't make sense to me since soccer is/was played at very different conditions.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.