Register now to remove this ad

Page 265 of 376 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Militia type storms Georgia courthouse with gun and explosives. Gets his ass killed within 90 seconds. Epic fail brah. Score one for the good guys with guns.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    He sounds a lot like Obama.
    In my lifetime I can't remember a president that presents our country in such a negative light.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    In my lifetime I can't remember a president that presents our country in such a negative light.
    And he goes as far back as Rutherford B Hayes.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    And he goes as far back as Rutherford B Hayes.
    LOL!! My earliest memory of a president was JFK's assassination.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He is not worse than his predecessor. Obama came onto the job in the middle of the biggest recession in 80 years and has had to deal with an extremely partisan congress led by corrupt and dishonest individuals of both sides of the table -- including a Supreme Court who officially made bribing Congress legal.

I read both news from both sides of the table, and while not the greatest president he has kept the country afloat through some very rough times. Conservative news sources completely and utterly hate him -- it doesn't matter what the story is, if something went wrong, it is Obama's fault.

On that note : no politics allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    He is not worse than his predecessor. Obama came onto the job in the middle of the biggest recession in 80 years and has had to deal with an extremely partisan congress led by corrupt and dishonest individuals of both sides of the table -- including a Supreme Court who officially made bribing Congress legal.

I read both news from both sides of the table, and while not the greatest president he has kept the country afloat through some very rough times. Conservative news sources completely and utterly hate him -- it doesn't matter what the story is, if something went wrong, it is Obama's fault.

On that note : no politics allowed.
    First of all, you don't get to make a very politically biased statement and then say "no politics." I am talking about the things he says publicly about the country. Bush may not have been a good President, but he didn't make negative remarks about the country or its citizens. That aside, Obama is a terrible President in all aspects. He was woefully unprepared for the job and his performance reflects his lack of experience. No politics.

First of all, you don't get to make a very politically biased statement and then say "no politics." I am talking about the things he says publicly about the country. Bush may not have been a good President, but he didn't make negative remarks about the country or its citizens. That aside, Obama is a terrible President in all aspects. He was woefully unprepared for the job and his performance reflects his lack of experience. No politics.
    No politics

Yep

Ted, I am 73 and remember all the Presidents from Truman on, and even remember the last year or so of FDR even if I was a little tyke, and as a historian who taught for 35 years of high school I can honestly say that I have never seen a poorer excuse for a President than the one we have now. I even hate to say his name; I despise him. He is a total incompetent who takes pride in running his country down and believes we are no different or better than any o ther nation. Bullshit on that. We are a special nation, unique and great is so many ways you can't count them. What's worse is that the guy has screwed the economy even worse than Bush did. There are so many unemployed that they don't even count on the total because they have given up looking for work. Countries from Europe to Asia to Latin America all laugh at that jerk, and his drawing the red lines in the sand has become fodder for late night show hosts, some of whom even like that incompetent. What he needs to do next time is draw a yellow line in the sand. At least it would match the streak running down his back.

Well, the economy is actually improving (barely) under Obama. Both Bushes took booming economies (from Reagan and Clinton) and drove them into the ground.

It's funny, the quickest answer to who the worst president ever is usually ends up being the last Democrat. They tried to impeach Clinton. Carter was a punch line for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

You might be a great historian, but you're a terrible economist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Massachusetts liberal democrat = religion. The one party system in MA has wrecked that state. As with cable television, the democrat party in MA could use some competition. As for the economy, it is hanging by a thread suffocated by debt. People from other countries are horrified when they learn the size of our debt. Bush was no conservative and he blew the debt up to ridiculous proportions. His successor supercharged the debt. It's hard for people polarized by party affiliation to understand that the democrats and republicans are the different sides of the same corrupt coin that is in a symbiotic relationship with Corporate America. And this is coming from someone who has spent almost 30 years as a lawyer for a Company which is one of the 100 largest in the world. But no politics.

His successor supercharged the debt.
    The problem is that tax revenue went down, not that spending went up. Sure, you can cut government jobs and services to cut back on the deficit, but that also hurts the economy. The biggest drain on the government in the years ahead is ballooning healthcare costs as baby boomers retire, and ACA's purpose is to slow that down. It has many problems right now, but getting it out the door was a huge milestone, and there needs to be cooperation on both sides to amend it to make it work for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    The problem is that tax revenue went down, not that spending went up. Sure, you can cut government jobs and services to cut back on the deficit, but that also hurts the economy. The biggest drain on the government in the years ahead is ballooning healthcare costs as baby boomers retire, and ACA's purpose is to slow that down. It has many problems right now, but getting it out the door was a huge milestone, and there needs to be cooperation on both sides to amend it to make it work for everyone.
    Take it from someone that has studied this bill. Working for a large insurer (although we haven't sold health insurance since 1993), the ACA is primarily about raising revenue and redistributing it. Promises of universal coverage will go unfulfilled and the chances of the model resulting in reduction of medical costs are almost zero. The figures just don't add up. There are not enough healthy young people that will opt for coverage over the penalty. They are needed to get the numbers to work. It's all about the young subsidizing the old. It ain't going to happen. The penalty is not punitive enough, and here is the key, even if the penalty is punitive, the government admittedly has no way of enforcing its collection. The result will be reduced services to the elderly. The law imposes an additional layer of bureaucracy to an already administratively bloated healthcare system. Logic tells you that that is not a good thing. My company will be experiencing a $20 million additional cost directly due to the implementation of the ACA. That is an astounding number. My Company's healthcare cost will be going up by a total of over $50 million, but $20 million is attributable to ACA. Eventually, maybe sooner than later, my Company will just send employees to the exchanges. No more politics please. I have been going to D.C. on behalf of my Company's interests for almost 30 years. I have had a good seat to watch the horse trading. I was also counsel to our PACs for about 4 years. D.C. is full of whores. An ideological standoff like we have now is not the worst thing in the world. The bad thing is that a very badly conceived law was rammed through in a very partisan way before gridlock took hold. When the two parties are working for the benefit of the people, that is when you all need to be worried. LOL!! That will be when they have agreed on a way to fleece you. LOL!! Gridlock is not a bad thing. They should only legislate when absolutely necessary.

This jackass at my baseball game who made 5 diving/sliding catches, but dropped 2 lazy fly balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you