Register now to remove this ad

Page 261 of 376 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

I was reading an article done on a study that proved that the friendzone existed. I will agree that being nice doesn't mean shit. Inevitably I'm too lazy to change who I am to get a girl, but I'm not going to be an ass just to get a girl to like me. It's her loss more than anything. I guarantee that I'd treat her better than the guys she complains about. Oh well, I have enough to worry about with grad school and getting my career going before I can worry about ruining my life by getting a girl.

Honestly, I wish I could neuter myself to free myself from the desire of women and just focus on my own life. I've never thought about love and not ended up thinking about hanging myself in my apartment so purging myself of the desire for companionship would really help my cause.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Ital, I'm not trying to be mean. My advice is to stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you want a gf that bad, go out and get one. Claiming that you're "friendzoned" just seems like excuse making to me.
    Normally I'd get offended but I'm not particularly worried. I'm sure it's not personal at me. I'm not saying that you are wrong, but I don't think that anyone here is in my head, has my personality, or has my experiences, so what works for some won't likely work for me. Going out and getting a girlfriend implies that I could get one if I tried. Friendzoned refers to the fact that I like a girl that doesn't like me and that I accept petty scraps of friendship affection rather than what I really want which is to be with her, but I'm so caught up in the short term that I don't tell her to f*** off and go on my own. In reality I think I'm slowly killing myself by being nice to the girl as a friend because she'll never see me as more than one. I'd be fine being friends with her if I didn't have the desire for something more.

(And for the record, I'm referencing at least 10 different girls in the history of my life here)

In a way I think there are multiple sides. I think that the friendzone exists, but I also think that I'm doing a bit of excuse making. I'm fucking frustrated as hell and have no way of venting out my relationship angst. I know that not a god damn person can judge me because they don't know what I experience or what I go through. If they saw what I saw, felt what I felt, and lived what I lived, then they'd understand.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion View Post
    I was reading an article done on a study that proved that the friendzone existed. I will agree that being nice doesn't mean shit. Inevitably I'm too lazy to change who I am to get a girl, but I'm not going to be an ass just to get a girl to like me. It's her loss more than anything. I guarantee that I'd treat her better than the guys she complains about. Oh well, I have enough to worry about with grad school and getting my career going before I can worry about ruining my life by getting a girl.

Honestly, I wish I could neuter myself to free myself from the desire of women and just focus on my own life. I've never thought about love and not ended up thinking about hanging myself in my apartment so purging myself of the desire for companionship would really help my cause.
    You can't possibly prove something like that.

One can't prove that it doesn't either. Not a damn person in here can convince me it doesn't exist when it's defined my existence since high school. Not a damn person can tell me that the hell I've lived isn't real.

Banned
    One can't prove that it doesn't either. Not a damn person in here can convince me it doesn't exist when it's defined my existence since high school. Not a damn person can tell me that the hell I've lived isn't real.
    Burden of proof is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    Burden of proof is on you.
    That assumes that it actually matters for one side to convince the other. Neither side is going to convince the other one on this case. There is no burden of proof, and if there was, it's certainly as hell not on me.

Banned

5b1.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A fat girl View Post
    Inevitably I'm too lazy to change who I am to get a guy, but I'm not going to be an ass just to get a guy to like me. It's his loss more than anything. I guarantee that I'd treat him better than the girls he complains about.
    That's better.

Dude, don't be a dick. We used to have a lot of jerks around here and the site seemingly got better over time by getting rid of many. I don't think I've had beef with you before and I'd like to keep it that way. Just don't be a dick and leave me alone. I don't go after you, so sure as fuck don't come at me sideways.

Banned
    Dude, don't be a dick. We used to have a lot of jerks around here and the site seemingly got better over time by getting rid of many. I don't think I've had beef with you before and I'd like to keep it that way. Just don't be a dick and leave me alone. I don't go after you, so sure as fuck don't come at me sideways.
    I'm not a fan of angsty misogynists. Go find a White Knight support group if you want a shoulder to cry on.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    I think that's another issue you have Ital. Don't worry about what anyone thinks of you here. I like rjortiz because he tells it like it is.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I think that's another issue you have Ital. Don't worry about what anyone thinks of you here. I like rjortiz because he tells it like it is.
    I have plenty of issues, I'm not going to act like it's just one problem. Although my biggest problem is that I care about what other people think of me. I derive my happiness from the (mis)perceptions of others. And that's my definition of hell. I have trouble sleeping at night if people don't like me.

If people want to disagree with how I feel, then fine. But keep it to the basis of the argument, no personals. Just words. I work too hard for someone to go at me sideways like that. I will not be talked down to in that manner.

Banned
    I have plenty of issues, I'm not going to act like it's just one problem. Although my biggest problem is that I care about what other people think of me. I derive my happiness from the (mis)perceptions of others. And that's my definition of hell. I have trouble sleeping at night if people don't like me.

If people want to disagree with how I feel, then fine. But keep it to the basis of the argument, no personals. Just words. I work too hard for someone to go at me sideways like that. I will not be talked down to in that manner.
    I didn't even look at your username. This isn't an original story.

My point is keep it to the basis of the argument. Ie "the friendzone exists vs. the friendzone doesn't exist etc" You throw in a lot of extra shit after the whistle and it's not tolerated. I don't log on here to get harassed by dicks. There are enough of them in the real world when I log off my computer, I don't need to see any more here. Either keep it to the merit of the argument, or don't respond. If you're just going to be a dick then I don't want to see what you have to say.

Banned
    My point is keep it to the basis of the argument. Ie "the friendzone exists vs. the friendzone doesn't exist etc" You throw in a lot of extra shit after the whistle and it's not tolerated. I don't log on here to get harassed by dicks. There are enough of them in the real world when I log off my computer, I don't need to see any more here. Either keep it to the merit of the argument, or don't respond. If you're just going to be a dick then I don't want to see what you have to say.
    They invented the White Knight meme, and the Nice Guy syndrome because people have been making your argument verbatim for God knows how long. Take yourself out of it. There is nothing personal about what I was saying.

I used the fat girl quote to illustrate a point. Have you had a really nice girl that you just weren't into sexually? Do you think you owe them a sexual relationship for being nice to you?