Register now to remove this ad

Page 151 of 376 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Re: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What a great reason to kill tens of thousands of civilians, because they annoy you...
    That's Assad's excuse to bomb the Syrian rebels.
    I can't disagree with you

What a great reason to kill tens of thousands of civilians, because they annoy you...
    If I wanted to bomb the Jersey Shore for the same reasons I don't think many people would get in the way.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion View Post
    If I wanted to bomb the Jersey Shore for the same reasons I don't think many people would get in the way.
    Get in the way? Sure! I'd be knocking you out of the way to trigger the explosives myself. Assuming you're set on bombing and not open to just running through the crowds with a sword.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Speaking of North Koreans, by the way, has anyone seen Olympus Has Fallen yet?

Fantastic movie. I don't say this easily, but it was...better than Die Hard. The original Die Hard has always been, to me, the epitome of the great American Action Movie. Great characters despite simple and even underdeveloped personalities, an exciting and worthwhile plot despite little to no backstory or explanation, and entertaining from beginning to end. So many action movies fail in one or all parts. Shitty characters that aren't made up for in likability, overly simplistic or needlessly complex plots without proper development, poor writing. (Basically, every Steven Seagal or Schwartzenegger movie falls into this category, with a few exceptions). Die Hard was the perfect balance. Not an Oscar winner but perfect in every way that matters for a movie that ends with the bad guy being dropped off of a building.

Olympus Has Fallen was basically Die Hard in the White House, with a little Air Force One mixed in. I have to believe the writers, producers, and directors made a conscious effort to pay homage to Die Hard in this movie, from the witty and profane banter over radio (vulgar and funny without being unbelievably verbose or well-read from a 'working man cop' character), to things like "meeting the bad guy pretending to be a good guy while smoking a cigarette" scene. It's an undeniable truth that times change, and movies like Psycho, Gone With the Wind, et cetera, while still classic films, contain much different styles of dialogue and such than today's films. What was incredible in the 80s looks a little outdated to us now, despite how enduring and entertaining it still is, and Olympus Has Fallen is sort of like a Die Hard for our generation. I highly, highly recommend you all see this movie. Come back and tell me it isn't the Die Hard of the Internet Generation. Then go watch Die Hard, because goddamnit it's still a classic film and gets better every time.

Yippie-ki-ay, motherfuckers.

YOTN, I'm dying to see Olympus Has Fallen, but I'm also dying to see 42. 42 is the next movie I'm going to watch, then the others on the list.

This ear infection + cold combination. Complete shit.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Dear Geico: your ads used to be the shit. Now they are just shit.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Yankees fans who taunted and bragged at Sox fans (including me) after last season. Look who's laughing now!!

After 2 whole games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    After 2 whole games.
    True.... Way to bring me down.:angry:

Quote Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape View Post
    1. Buy a DVD, then have tp watch 5 or 6 ads.

DVD's produced by Lion's Gate are like that...won't let you skip or go directly to the show's/movie's menu :angry:
    he's not going to Michigan...he's going to Cooperstown...

Quote Originally Posted by jete02fan View Post
    DVD's produced by Lion's Gate are like that...won't let you skip or go directly to the show's/movie's menu :angry:
    I think there was a lawsuit about this, but evidently it failed if they can still do it.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Teenagers who get accustomed to their parents money. It's one thing to be spoiled, but to take advantage of it and take all your parents money and not do anything with your life? That is so pathetic.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    Teenagers who get accustomed to their parents money. It's one thing to be spoiled, but to take advantage of it and take all your parents money and not do anything with your life? That is so pathetic.
    I would so do that if I could though.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I agree with this. My parents make me pay for pretty much everything with my money and have since I was 16, which I'm glad, it helped me a lot.

Then I have dumb ass friends who are like 20, live with their parents, have no job, don't go to school and just take their parents money and spend it on weed and alcohol.