Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 All star game

Re: 2010 All star game

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;563034;
    Jeter was selected by the fans. Pettitte was a replacement for a player's choice, and went because he was next on the player's ballot. Hughes was chosen by the players.
    yes. A lot of Yankee fans voted for Jeter. how many actually pick on stats rather than who the player is.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;563036;
    yes. A lot of Yankee fans voted for Jeter. how many actually pick on stats rather than who the player is.
    Who is talking about the fans? I responded to a post saying that Girardi selected four Yankees, which isn't the case. You mentioned the pitchers, and I responded by saying that all of those (except CC), were selected by the players. Why did you counter my points by bringing up Jeter and fans?

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Lol damn! He threw that ball wayyyy over 1st base.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

AL up 1-0 in the bottom of the 5th. Longoria walk, Mauer reaching on error by Kuo (Longoria to 3rd, Mauer to 2nd), followed by a sac fly by Cano.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;563040;
    Who is talking about the fans? I responded to a post saying that Girardi selected four Yankees, which isn't the case. You mentioned the pitchers, and I responded by saying that all of those (except CC), were selected by the players. Why did you counter my points by bringing up Jeter and fans?
    i wasn't saying all four were chosen by players.

And i was just saying Jeter doesn't deserve to be starting.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;563040;
    Didn't Girardi pick Arod? I could have sworn some Sox fans were pissed that he Girardi picked him instead of Youk.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;563045;
    Didn't Girardi pick Arod? I could have sworn some Sox fans were pissed that he Girardi picked him instead of Youk.
    I think they were pissed because Giradi picked Konerko instead of Youk.
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;563045;
    Right, I said initially, of all the Yankees playing in the ASG, the only one he picked was A-Rod. Additionally, I completely agree, it was a poor choice, and one I only think Girardi made to help the mindset of his player heading into the second half.

Legend

Who will be the closer for the Al tonight?
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by suns;563048;
    Who will be the closer for the Al tonight?
    My guess would be Valverde, but Girardi wouldn't say.

Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;563050;
    Hughes
    Haha, I don't think Hughes is going to get in the game tonight, unless we see extra innings, or if someone runs into trouble. It would be a mistake on Girardi's part if he was to pitch to the seventh (for instance).

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Big Papi in the game. Please don't get hurt.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

All-Star

oh noesssssss. the derby messed his swing up!!!!!1111

Ugh, well there goes my prediction. Hope Hughes doesn't blow this.