Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would Be Your Intro Song?

Re: What Would Be Your Intro Song?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;536090;
    Someone told me Gordon Beckham's intro song this year is "Your Love" by The Outfield, which is kind of awesome. I found an old list of baseball entrance music, and it got me thinking:

If you were a baseball player, what would your intro song be? Right now, I'm leaning towards Electric Light Orchestra's "Fire On High." If I were a power hitter, I'd probably use something from one of Basil Poledouris film scores to intimidate the pitcher.

I've given this way too much thought, I know.
    When I was in Chicago last summer to see the Yankees, that was his walk up song, and they also played it every time he got a base hit. I agree, excellent choice.

Also, Nick Johnson's walk up song yesterday was some Miley Cyrus song. It was pretty hilarious, and the section I was in would chant, "Miley, Miley..." when he came up from that point on.

Drunken Lullabies by Flogging Molly or The Game by Motorhead.

Fun fact: Carlos Lee's walk up music when he was a White Sox was "Panama" by Van Halen.
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    -John Belushi

None. I am sick of all the artificial noise at the ballpark. I miss just hearing the sounds of the game and the fans. I am sick of each player having 1 or more songs for their ABs.I hate that sissified "Sweet Caroline" by that New Yorker. Intro songs are okay for closers but that's it. Stepping up to Boston for Paps is pretty cool.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;536144;
    None. I am sick of all the artificial noise at the ballpark. I miss just hearing the sounds of the game and the fans. I am sick of each player having 1 or more songs for their ABs.I hate that sissified "Sweet Caroline" by that New Yorker. Intro songs are okay for closers but that's it. Stepping up to Boston for Paps is pretty cool.
    Dude, you're so old-timey. :lol:
    WAR is good for something.

I am.

Legend

I could see a700 walking up to a little ditty by Tony Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;536150;
    I could see a700 walking up to a little ditty by Tony Bennett.
    I'd guess he'd be more of a big band jazz guy, like Count Basie, Duke Ellington, etc.
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    -John Belushi

I'd love to walk out to the head of a great big band tune, but I don't think it would be the "bad-ass" type.

For me, I'm going with great jazz-rock: Mahavishnu Orchestra, either "Celestial Terrestrial Commuters" or "Birds of Fire". I think that would be as "bad-ass" as it gets with jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;536144;
    I couldn't agree more with this. Not just for baseball, but even for other sports. Can I go to one basketball game and have a little peace and quiet during a time out?

Well said a700.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;536192;
    I couldn't agree more with this. Not just for baseball, but even for other sports. Can I go to one basketball game and have a little peace and quiet during a time out?.
    With all due respect, you want to go to a professional sporting event with 20,000 other people and get peace and quiet?!

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;536194;
    With all due respect, you want to go to a professional sporting event with 20,000 other people and get peace and quiet?!
    I should have chosen my words a bit more carefully. The fans can make all the noise they want, I just don't need all this music blasting from the speakers, or the stupid little performances that they might do during a timeout for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;536192;
    I couldn't agree more with this. Not just for baseball, but even for other sports. Can I go to one basketball game and have a little peace and quiet during a time out?

Well said a700.
    You can't even discuss strategy with a friend. You have to scream to hear each other sometimes.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend

I see your points. But the majority of people who attend professional sporting events these days are casual fans (sometimes at best, when it comes to the business crowd) and they like all the bells and whistles that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;536210;
    I see your points. But the majority of people who attend professional sporting events these days are casual fans (sometimes at best, when it comes to the business crowd) and they like all the bells and whistles that happen.
    They are annoying. I wish they'd stay home or go shopping, because they don't care about the game.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Your Love by The Outfield is my ring tone!

The very beginning of Wouldn't It Be Nice, by the Beach Boys. Haha!

Mostly, because it's an inside joke between my friends and I, and also because it always always puts me in a good mood.